Talk about a HAPPY pill!!

Posted by Reviewer1602878 on Apr 01, 2011

I took this DLPA to get rid of my coffee addiction. It worked. Within 5 days I went from 12 oz+ coffee each morning (without it I could not manage at all) to zero coffee. I only had to take one pill each morning on an empty stomach (don't take it later... it makes you alert enough you may have trouble falling asleep). The only way I can describe how it made me feel, is that my world went from 2D to 3D. Seriously. It felt like my brain is 10 years younger (I'm 28). I started having memories from the past and really vivid (good) dreams. It made me nicely alert without that jittery feeling from caffeine. I also slept better as long as I took it first thing in the morning and not the afternoon (took it at 3pm once and then had trouble falling asleep).After about 2 weeks the effect started wearing off, but I take that to mean that I don't need it anymore. Today is my first day off and I feel fine, but I'm keeping this on hand for days I have any pain or feel down. It worked great for eliminating some back and shoulder pain I had as well, also eliminated PMS symptoms. I'm raving about this to all my friends. The research I did online was a bit confusing about any possible side effects, and it's not something I feel confident enough in to take daily - but it sure does work awesome and I did not feel any side effects while I was on it. Going to do more research on it and will consider it to keep the winter blues away next winter, probably at a lower dose though.

You need to try this product - I switched to Country Life DLPA...

Posted by Reviewer1400203 on Oct 21, 2008

After feeling lethargic off-and-on for about a month, I suspected the product quality of my former brand of DL-Phenylalanine was not consistant. So I began testing other brands. Price was not a major factor - I just wanted a product that worked and offered consistant product quality and results. I found it - thanks iherb for offering a great product at an excellent value.

Couldn't Live w/out This

Posted by Reviewer2357891 on Nov 20, 2007

I've used four different brands of DLPA over the past five years for treatment of my depression. And although the others are helpful, I am just so much better when taking Country Life. It's like I'm myself again.

So far the best.

Posted by Reviewer1621079 on May 16, 2008

I've tried many different brands of DLPA, but so far this the best. The dosage is perfect AND it comes with B-6 which helps the DLPA convert to Tyrosine. I also take 500mg Ester-C to also aid in the conversion.

DLPA by Country Life is exactly what I needed!

Posted by Reviewer1932553 on Dec 23, 2008

This is BY FAR my favorite supplement - without it I seem to feel life's pains so much more. With it, I feel my emotions are stable. Originally got turned on to DLPA by The Mood Cure by Julia Ross, and this is the dosage I seem to need ;-)

Country Life, DLPA Caps, 1000 mg

Posted by Reviewer2041711 on Jan 07, 2009

We have been treating our severely arthretic 12 yr old Rottweiller/Sheperd dog. It has turned him into a puppy again. A HUGH thank you for this product! May it always be available.

No Need for Caffeine!

Posted by Reviewer1315172 on Dec 02, 2007

This product was suggested by my doc- has really helped my brain be sharp and active. no need for caffeine anymore!

Longtime DLPA Fan

Posted by Reviewer2983078 on Dec 20, 2007

I have been starting my day with DLPA for years. A nice, clear, wide awake feeling. Wonderful.

Works Great, but...

Posted by Reviewer1247949 on Mar 31, 2008

I used 1 capsule with coffee every morning for about a month. It gave me an overall sense of well being, sort of instant anti-depressant. However, I slowly began to feel symptoms of Interstitial Cystitis return after 12 years of remission. After doing a quick PubMed search I discovered high concentrations of phenylanaline have been shown to aggrevate symptoms of IC. In my case it brought them back. I stopped the DLPA and symptoms are now subsiding. Too bad. I'll miss it.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2736354 on Apr 20, 2009

This product not only brightens my mood, but alleviates the stiffness and pain in my fingers.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »