Great

Posted by BlueMountaineer on Jan 31, 2015

Read Julia Ross' book The Mood Cure which recommends DLPA for certain types of mood issues. I find this brand works well for me. I take a tablet on an empty stomach when I am feeling sad and in need of comfort for no good reason. I take one whenever I feel I need it, it is great to have this option after so many years of feeling bad. I also use SAMe I cannot live without, and also 5HTP, GABA and L-Tyrosine when I need them.

Good product

Posted by 5046775626718506481 on Dec 19, 2012

Too early to tell. Seems to be a good product.

Worst supplement I ever used

Posted by danarm on Dec 05, 2012

I started experimenting with both D-phenylalanine (DPA) and D,L-phenylalanine (DLPA) because I have read about them in "The Diet Cure" by Julia Ross. All the other advices in the book were very good and helped me a lot. But using DLPA or DPA proved to be catastrophic for me. In the beginning, DLPA and DPA (1 pill per day) gave me a pleasant feeling of relaxation. But afterwards I had horrible symptoms: horrible headaches, dizziness and hot flashes which went on for 2-3 days, in spite of the fact that I ceased taking them. I have tried using DLPA or DPA multiple times. Each time the symptoms above (horrible headache, dizzyness, feeling hot) manifested themselves. So, to me it is a horrible supplement, one of the worst experiences I had. DLPA and DPA had the same effect on me, so I'm posting the same text as reviews for both products that I used.

Great mood supplement!

Posted by thenourishedlife on Oct 25, 2012

Since DLPA is the precursor to dopamine, this supplement has really helped elevate my moods and energy. I take a couple in the mornings and I definitely feel more "up" throughout my day. Although I like the bigger size (less pills to take!), this product is a little pricey for me and I find NOW's Acetyl Tyrosine to work similarly at a better price point.

not opened yet

Posted by Reviewer1983035 on Jun 13, 2012

will report back later

These are great!

Posted by Reviewer2245077 on Jan 10, 2012

I was taking comfort zone but i realized i was overdosing in some amino acids along with my multi-vit. All i really needed was DLPA. Very happy with this product. Great value!

very good

Posted by Reviewer2011174 on Jan 09, 2012

have taken before

Works good

Posted by Reviewer3300396 on Nov 30, 2011

I use this in conjunction with Thyroid Energy. I definitely feel more alert and more active and aware of my surroundings on this stuff. I tend to be sort of oblivious with a tendency to daydreaming and lack of attention to detail, but this combination works for me.

Feedback

Posted by Reviewer3338496 on Jul 11, 2011

Great product, thanks.

Talk about a HAPPY pill!!

Posted by Reviewer1602878 on Apr 01, 2011

I took this DLPA to get rid of my coffee addiction. It worked. Within 5 days I went from 12 oz+ coffee each morning (without it I could not manage at all) to zero coffee. I only had to take one pill each morning on an empty stomach (don't take it later... it makes you alert enough you may have trouble falling asleep). The only way I can describe how it made me feel, is that my world went from 2D to 3D. Seriously. It felt like my brain is 10 years younger (I'm 28). I started having memories from the past and really vivid (good) dreams. It made me nicely alert without that jittery feeling from caffeine. I also slept better as long as I took it first thing in the morning and not the afternoon (took it at 3pm once and then had trouble falling asleep).After about 2 weeks the effect started wearing off, but I take that to mean that I don't need it anymore. Today is my first day off and I feel fine, but I'm keeping this on hand for days I have any pain or feel down. It worked great for eliminating some back and shoulder pain I had as well, also eliminated PMS symptoms. I'm raving about this to all my friends. The research I did online was a bit confusing about any possible side effects, and it's not something I feel confident enough in to take daily - but it sure does work awesome and I did not feel any side effects while I was on it. Going to do more research on it and will consider it to keep the winter blues away next winter, probably at a lower dose though.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »