New To iHerb?

Country Life, Gluten Free, NAC, N-Acetyl Cysteine, 750 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

Reviews 2-star

This is not vegetarian

Posted by Reviewer3340759 on Jun 16, 2008

While the capsules are vegetarian, what's inside really isn't. The NAC here is made from duck feathers, or so I was told by a representative at Country Life. I imagine this is why the product description does not actually say "vegetarian" (although it would be nice if they made this point clearer). NAC, perhaps other amino acids as well, is often made from things that do not fit with vegetarian or other dietary requirements (e.g., pig bristles, bird feathers, and it appears even human hair has been used), so it is very important to check that the product is indeed 100% vegetarian before ordering, as I wish I'd done here. I instead recommend the Solgar brand of NAC, which I've used before and know is 100% vegetarian. (I think Bluebonnet has vegetarian NAC as well, but I'm not familiar with it.)