New To iHerb?

Posted by Reviewer1337997 on Aug 07, 2008

I feel young again!!

Highly recommended

Posted by Reviewer3114870 on Dec 04, 2011

This is a high-quality supplement which works as advertised. I have just one issue with it: I want the glass packaging back! Since Country Life switched to plastic packaging I don't consider it kosher anymore (plastic bottles result from polluting the planet). I loved the glass bottles. It was a hallmark of Country Life. I originally picked their products over others because they were the only ones in glass. A word of caution: if you suffer from heavy metal toxicity you cannot use this supplement. R-lipoic acid should _not_ be used for chelation. Chelate with Alpha lipoic acid.

Works well for cognitive function and heavy metal detox

Posted by chaappy on Nov 08, 2011

I've been mercury toxic for several yrs now and only discovered it because I suffered from different kinds of mental/learning disorders from those yrs. I can't explain it in details but there are times I'm having severe short term memory loss but my anxieties are calming down after taking this for a week, I've been experimenting my right dosage and followed Andy Cutlers protocol; it seems I can tolerate up to 2 capsules (200mg) every 3hrs w/o any adverse detox reactions. The most noticeable results are my face discoloration/redness is slightly slowly fading away and is being restored. I'll update later after I re-order.

Reduces oxidative stress!

Posted by Reviewer2346507 on Jul 21, 2012

R-lipoic acid helps maintain optimal blood sugar levels by helping the body to use glucose.

Natural ALA

Posted by iJenNZ on Aug 15, 2012

r Lipoic acid is more biologically active than the synthetic s lipoic acid. Unless otherwise indicated supplements will be a mix of r and s ala. This was the most reasonably priced r-ala I could find. ALA is said to be more effective if taken in conjunction with acetyl-L-carnitine.