Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Country Life, Gluten Free, R-Lipoic Acid, 100 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

Worth buying!

Posted by Reviewer2829759 on Dec 09, 2008

I combine this products with Femaprin Vitex Extract, R-lipoic acid, and dim-plus as i have PCOS and just done the ultrasound, the doctor was saying that actually I have improved from my PCOS.

good stuff

Posted by Reviewer3046301 on May 31, 2009

Been using for as long as the literature was showing that r-lipoic is better absorbed than a-lipoic. I use less mgs now and save a little money and get at least the same amount of lipoic acid as the older type.AND it works on my peripheral neuropathy

Awesome product!!!

Posted by Reviewer2278478 on Aug 29, 2011

This product is very good for blood sugar issues and detoxification. Find your right dosage and it's gold.

Last few bottles have been polymerized (hardened)

Posted by Reviewer1412707 on Mar 03, 2012

I've been using this for a while, and had been very satisfied. I normally open the capsules and take the powder in divided doses. I immediately noticed something was different with some recently purchased bottles: the contents of the capsules -- in all four recently purchased bottles (all same batch number) -- were essentially solid, instead of the normal loose powder. It was possible to sort of "mush" the solid mass and turn part of it into powder, but only part. The rest was hard clumps. I noticed something else: the normal "bite" on the tongue I notice when taking the powder was mostly -- though not entirely -- absent. I described this to a friend of mine who's a chemist who said that ALA is extremely heat sensitive, and that the shipment probably became "polymerized," and was now mostly worthless (though not dangerous at all). IHerb's excellent customer service refunded my money, so no complaints about IHerb. But I'll be switching to a diff. brand of ALA.

R-lipoic acid

Posted by Reviewer1055106 on Jan 31, 2009

The "R" form is the best if you have diabetes and really want to see an improvement in blood sugar levels. However, although this product, being the "R form of ALA, is good, I need to take 600 mg, that is 6 tablets, just as recommended for diabetes, in order to notice an amazing drop in blood sugar levels. I therefore find that the "R-ala" from "Life extension" with 300 mg/capsule, is more economical. If you are a diabetic and need higher doses of "R-ala" that brand is what I recommend from my own experience and according to what science says.