Country Life, Gluten Free, Resveratrol Plus, 120 Veggie Caps

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Resveratrol becomes famous as it is often tagged as the miracle nutrient is responsible for the French paradox effect. Resveratrol is produced naturally in grapes and other fruits to protect against fungus and bacterial attacks. With so many studies on resverastrol in recent years, it is discovered to have to the following benefits: a powerful antioxidant that can cross the blood brain barrier, protect against heart and cardiovascular diseases, anti cancer, anti aging, improved HDL to LDL cholesterol ratio, stabilised blood sugar level, lower high blood pressure, prevent neurodegenerative diseases and more! This product mainly serves as an antioxidant supplement. To experience the benefits of reservatrol, you will probably need higher doses. The recommended dosage is 1 daily though I would recommend 2 daily or 4 for more optimum benefits. The amount of grape seed extract and grape skin extract are fairly low. The low amount probably works well enough as synergy. There is also 25 mg of pine bark extract which is a fair amount. This is mostly likely not the same strain of pine tree as the well researched, expensive patented Pycnogenol so it’s hard to tell if this pine bark extract has any benefits. The caps are vegetarian, small and easy to swallow. The product does contain magnesium stearate and quite a few binders/flow agents. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. Pricewise, it is very reasonable even if you take 2 daily (60 days supply. Check out my page for more reviews!

Country Life Resveratrol Plus

Posted by Reviewer3127366 on Dec 05, 2009

This was my second bottle; the first was surprising with respect to a real, positive change in the quality of my facial complexion. I actually did not expect to see IMPROVEMENT; I would have been happy with some decrease in the speed at which wrinkles were accumulating. Instead, after a few weeks of use, I was startled to see wrinkles decreasing, and the suppleness and "glow" of my facial complexion visibly improved.

Seems to work

Posted by Reviewer2280385 on Oct 20, 2009

Energy,Cholesterol levels ie. skin tone, weight loss, mental alertness are all better after taking for several months(500mg/day). Unfortunately, it is difficult to attribute all these positive signs to the capsules as I have increased my physical activity(play Tennis 7hrs/wk in addition to weightlifting 2-3/wk. Also eat lots of lowfat food, fish, high fiber, vegetable, fruits, Acai, etc. To take a similar resveratrol dose as in the Sinclair Experiments would need to take 2,000-4,000 mg/day for my 80kg. Feel good for a male 53yrs old. Will continue to take resveratrol, maybe higher dose.

Results in a short time

Posted by Reviewer1063099 on May 12, 2009

After only a few weeks, my energy level has increased 3 fold. I have noticed significant mental alertness. As a 62 year old, type II diabetic, within just 10 days, I was able to start enjoying improvements. I don't know what other positive effects long term use will provide, but this product is a winner so far.

It works

Posted by Reviewer1435011 on Apr 29, 2010

I would like for anybody who knows this same condition in other relatives or friends to please pass this information and spread it over the internet. I am not affiliated in any way with any brand or pharmaceutical company at all, actually I am in the buses business. My Wife (42) and I wanted to have a baby, since we met 3 years ago, and she could not get pregnant, we went to check IVF and they charged $15.000 for 1 try and not conception for sure. We did not have that money. Always taking prenatal vitamins (just in case) we kept hoping every month to see the period stop .. but more of the same, she turned 42 ... and we were loosing our chances and "our hope" of making a full family of our own. I bought Country Life Resveratrol Plus (because of the many good fenefits inside the body), plus DHEA and Collagen + and she started taking this resveratrol every day as indicated... and the others every 3 days approx. . A month later ... it happened. She is 42 now as of April 2010, pregnant of a 5 1/2 months baby girl, they said (again ...)because of the 11 week blood tests ... it was coming with problems (age & hormones) and if first test possitive.. impossible for the second and final one to come alright... we kept the resveratrol and very little of the other 2 ... and the last test (16 weeks) gave OK!!! . The docs (Obstetrics, and high risk pregnancy doc) did not understand. There is a lot of people trying to get a baby and cannot do it, and they get ripped off by those Fertility Clinic "thiefs" that take advantage of their desperation, I hope you know of somebody and pass this testimony. Note:we also tried until a month before the start with resveratrol accupuncture (for 5 sesions)... she did feel better. Good luck and I really hope this testimony can help a couple that is demoralized for the luck of answers.. and ultimately hope.