Not worth trying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

I am someone who sweats easily (especially my armpits) thus I am unfortunately not free from body odour (or armpit odour). I am excited to find this product as it is fragrance free (fragrance irritates me more than it helps), non sticky and staining (no yellow spot on my shirt), chemical free and supposedly aluminium free. It’s dirt cheap and seems to be able to last a long time. It is very easy to apply when the armpit is wet. From my personal experience, I find this product has semi effects. It works by eliminating the odour causing bacteria, not sweat pore blocking (like some reviewers think). Basically, it works well when I am not sweating. However when I start to perspire a lot, the odour will come back (probably because the protective barrier got washed off by the sweat). Aluminium chlorohydrate or similar aluminium compound are common ingredients used in deodorant to block the sweat pores. As such, it is also easily absorbed into our blood stream and end up in the brain, contributing to neurodegenerative diseases. It claims to be aluminium free though it is made of aluminium alum. The general claim by sellers is that aluminium alum is not absorbed via the skin thus it is safe but I rather err on the safe side and not continue to use it. Check out my page for more reviews!

Maybe this is why some hippies smelled bad...

Posted by Reviewer2093432 on Oct 30, 2008

This worked really well for about 5 days, then stopped working for me. Don't know if I ate something weird or broke the "on" switch or what. I think I'll try Tom's brand next time.

Not super effective

Posted by Reviewer3171674 on May 09, 2011

After reading nothing but good reviews I had high expectations for this stone but it wasn't particularly good at preventing perspiration or masking body odor even under mild conditions. I didn't see any difference between using this and not using deodorant

Does not always work

Posted by Santita on Feb 08, 2012

This deodorant effect on me is enough for a few hours. Then there is the smell and wet armpits.

Good Deo, difficult to apply.

Posted by Reviewer3332769 on Jun 07, 2012

For the price i prefer using the crystal body deodrant travel stick. Costs less and easy application. Also this product had a crack on it when applied underarm it would itch. I had to find the side with out a crack and use it.

broken in small pieces

Posted by Reviewer1993846 on Apr 15, 2013

Well its not easy to use it without puting it under the water first to make it glide on ur skin, then ur hand too will be wet and it could slipped.. mine it felt down and broken and is sharped now and many small pieces..

Could not get this to work for me.

Posted by Reviewer2302190 on Jul 08, 2012

I tried this over a few day of a week and couldn't get it to work for me at all. I followed the instructions, wet the crystal and applied well. Provided no help from smell whatsoever.

let me tell you

Posted by Reviewer1893259 on Nov 17, 2008

its ok nothing to want order and spend your money on

ok

Posted by Reviewer1754547 on Apr 13, 2011

over 10 years

Posted by Reviewer2919254 on Jan 22, 2007

I have used a mineral stone for over 10 years and have loved it. Excellent results. This brand however does not work well at all. It is already glossy & smooth, the way they get after years of use.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »