A good buy

Posted by Reviewer2530478 on Apr 12, 2008

Lactobacillus GG is pretty pricey anywhere you get it, but IHerb has about the best price around and this particular brand has great quality. If you're looking for "GG", then you won't go wrong with this one. If the price for "GG" just seems too high for you, then your next best bet would be to go with Lactobacillus Sporogenes (much less expensive and perhaps just as effective... the Sporogenes can survive even high stomach acidity, which helps to ensure that it's still active by the time it reaches your gut.

THE BEST!

Posted by Reviewer2119004 on May 27, 2008

I tried this product out of curiosity and it was amazing! I have always had a hard time having bowel movements because of stress-related problems. I've tried taking diuretics, laxatives, fiber-rich foods, fruits, veggies, but ONLY this does the trick! Seriously it was amazing. It made me feel so clean inside and my bowel movements increased greatly. My abdomen was flatter too. I definitely recommend it especially because it is so gentle.

Outstanding product!!!

Posted by Reviewer1600723 on Jun 25, 2008

This and L. Reuteri are my favorite probiotics. They seem to give far more benefits than other probiotic (strains) that I've tried. I'm on long-term antibiotic therapy for Lyme Disease and I need constant replenishment of probiotic bacterias, so I know what works and what doesn't.

Culturelle

Posted by Reviewer2072160 on Sep 18, 2008

After trying EVERY acidophillus, bifodophillus and/or lactobacillus product on the market for systemic yeast, I FINALLY found a product that works. I've recommended Culturelle to my entire family and all my friends for immune support as well as digestive health. I love this product!

My first choice in probiotics

Posted by Reviewer2008921 on Feb 27, 2008

Culturelle is the only probiotic that offers Lactobacillus GG, a strain that is reported to survive stomach acid and colonize in the lower intestines and eliminating bad bacteria. Most other supplements never make it there or there do not contain enough live cells. After a bronchitis hit me for the third time in a year I decided to sit out the round of antibiotics and instead concentrate on boosting my immune system via healthy intestines. There are only a few other strains that have shown similar effectiveness and I take them as well but not together (the may reduce each other's effectiveness). My bronchitis is gone and gastrointestinal health seems better after 6 weeks. It does not have to be refrigerated - unlike some others I take - which helps when I travel but I still keep it in fridge.

Sucrose, maltodextrin and titanium dioxide

Posted by Reviewer2999135 on Dec 18, 2015

I am very disappointed that culturelle have started adding yeast-encouraging maltodextrin and sucrose into their probiotics as well as the toxic titanium dioxide and I would like to know what their motives are for doing so.

Culturelle-great for most, but beware of possible allergy to bacteria strain

Posted by Reviewer2682593 on Oct 13, 2010

This is a phenomenal probiotic product that completely eliminated clostridia from my husband's gut - verified via tests. However, be aware that SOME people are severely allergic to the lactobacillus bacteria strain. My mother developed an allergic reaction when taking this product which included bladder and kidney problems and severe rash on her arms. Nowhere is this possible reaction noted on the product. This went on for weeks until we did more research. We had to do several searches on the internet and came across this finding. Within 48 hours of stopping culturelle, her symptoms abated. Scary. Just beware.

CULTURELLE

Posted by Reviewer1040534 on Nov 11, 2009

Both my husband and I could not tolerate Culturelle. We both suffered uncomfortable AND prolonged intestinal gas and bloating right after taking a capsule, once a day for several days, until a friend told us that some people can't tolerate "inulin" contained in Culturelle. We have discontinued taking this product, but the bloating still remains. Hope it will subside soon. Please be warned.

Excellent for Antibiotic Issues

Posted by Reviewer2429494 on Sep 06, 2010

Six and a half stars!!! Five years ago I was given intravenous antibiotics for pneumonia, which resulted in severe antibiotic-induced, burning diarrhea. I took a lot of stuff and it took a long time to figure it out, but Culturelle was the only thing which was effective for me. One pill per day and within two days all my movements were solid and well-formed. Culturelle plus B6 also cured the anal fissures which completely eliminated the burning. For diarrhea issues, Culturelle (and also apple cider vinegar) is an essential part of my personal pharmacopeia.

Best I have used.

Posted by Reviewer1113432 on Feb 04, 2012

I have had candida for years. I think I have used every probiotic on the market. From 10 billion CFU to 450 billion CFU (yes 450 billion). I do not know what makes one probiotic work better than another. They all say they are better than an other due to certain reasons. But this actually works. I started taking 3 a day, and then one with every meal, but now I only need one a day. And one a day is amazingly, all I need.