Culturelle, Health & Wellness Probiotic, 30 Veggie Caps

Reviews 2-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Culturelle-great for most, but beware of possible allergy to bacteria strain

Posted by Reviewer2682593 on Oct 13, 2010

This is a phenomenal probiotic product that completely eliminated clostridia from my husband's gut - verified via tests. However, be aware that SOME people are severely allergic to the lactobacillus bacteria strain. My mother developed an allergic reaction when taking this product which included bladder and kidney problems and severe rash on her arms. Nowhere is this possible reaction noted on the product. This went on for weeks until we did more research. We had to do several searches on the internet and came across this finding. Within 48 hours of stopping culturelle, her symptoms abated. Scary. Just beware.

Quite good

Posted by Healingbyrosie on Jan 18, 2013

I used to use Garden of Life Primal Defense Ultra but found with that one that I had to take up to 3 or more per day to get the desired effects. With this product I am only taking 1 per day which is a great improvement. However I am a bit upset that they didn't list the capsule ingredients on iherb instead just saying 'vegetable based capsule'. When I got the product the ingredients were listed on the packet and I am not too happy ingesting them. This product served me well at a time that I couldn't afford anything better. I am now integrating a lot more fermented foods into my diet and am taking Healthforce Nutritionals probiotics which are much higher quality. They are proven to have bacteria alive AT THE TIME the pill is ingested (other brands only test at the time of packaging the product and usually once you get to the point of ingesting the pill- most are dead). My digestion is excellent now as long as I am taking my fermented foods and probiotics daily.

High quality but expensive & not suitable if chicory intolerant!

Posted by vitality on Jan 02, 2014

Dairy has been removed from this product which is great, but I react to the chicory instead now! If you don't have this problem but you have a lot of gut issues then Culturelle is certainly worth taking as it can be quite powerful. I prefer Healthy Origins probiotic 30 billion CFU, and Source Naturals Life Flora because the're more affordable long term and don't contain anything I can react to.

Doesn't seem to help with IBS

Posted by Reviewer1142540 on Dec 12, 2012

I thought this would be really good for IBS, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, since it has I think 10 billion, but it seems to not help it, or make it worse, and it is sometimes watery it seems when I go to the bathroom. I am taking the Kyodophilis probiotic that is dairy-free and since it is 1.5 billion per small capsule, I take 3 at a time, which makes it 4.5 billion and it seems to work better for me. God bless you all.

Good stuff, but cheaper at Target

Posted by Reviewer2011996 on Jun 11, 2013

I'm disappointed in iHerb. I can (and now do) buy this for about $2.00-2.50 less at Target store.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »