Digestive & Immune System Health

Posted by HealthForAll on Jun 09, 2012

This is THE single most important supplement that I've ever taken, and it is worth every penny. I'm a 37 year old woman who was born with unexplained splenomegally (enlargement of the spleen; mine was the size of a football). When I was 6 years old, the spleen was surgically removed and I was then prescribed 500mg of penicillin DAILY, INDEFINITELY (GASP). I continued on this antibiotic regimen for 14 years until the age of 20, when I decided to go against my doctor's advice and take my health back (and stop creating antibiotic-resistant pathogenic bacteria). There was a LOT of damage to be un-done. Not only was I missing a spleen, but most of the good bacteria in my body (which actually contributes to about 70% of one's immunity) was destroyed by the antibiotics. Understandably, I was perpetually sick with colds, bronchitis, and other ailments through my mid-twenties - even after I stopped the penicillin. It wasn't until I started taking Culturelle about 10 years ago that my health started to turn around (I also started receiving acupuncture, and I believe both of these were key). I now RARELY get sick! I've also tried other brands of probiotics, including Dr. Ohhira, but Culturelle works better for me. Also, these work great as a treatment for vaginal yeast infections - just use as a vaginal suppository 1-2 times a day until symptoms are relieved (be sure to also use a pantyliner).

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer1816335 on Mar 08, 2008

I've used this product for over 4 years and it really seems to settle the digestive system down. I started using it after my first baby when I developed fruit allergies - my face would swell when I would eat fruit - within 6 mos. I could eat fruit again. This wasn't the only thing I did to heal my gut, but I believe it played a huge role.

Does not seem to work at all anymore

Posted by Reviewer1519649 on Dec 21, 2010

In the past this product accomplished great things for me and for my two dogs. Unfortunately it does not seem to work at all anymore. I am very disappointed.

Nope

Posted by Reviewer3254293 on Jun 21, 2010

I got this from so many friends that recommended it and good reviews. Sadly it did not work well for me at all. I suffer from IBS and I had it under control with a different probiotic, I took this one for 1 month and it made my IBS just come back full force. Will not get again.

For symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis

Posted by Reviewer3146816 on Oct 24, 2008

I was on Asacol for the symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis. Culturelle is the only product that alleviated my discomfort. Try it! You have nothing to lose except many trips to the bathroom.

Culturelle

Posted by Reviewer1353032 on May 01, 2008

It's unfortunate that the new company to take over production of Culturelle chose to take the capsules from a 30 billion potency to 10 billion, and charge the same price.

no affect

Posted by Reviewer2492424 on Oct 13, 2010

these don't seem to help or affect any intestinal issue whatsoever -- i'll stop with this after finishing the last box probiotic quality control seems to be lacking here

Feeling well,

Posted by Reviewer2795841 on Apr 15, 2008

this is my 1st box and I've been using for two weeks once a day.I use along with NOW super enzymes and my digestive system is in vey good shape.This is the best probiotic i've used. Try it and I'm sure you'll like it. Oh, and don't forget to buy it from IHerb, they have best price on it and deliver it fast to you.

Recommended by Dr. Weil

Posted by Reviewer2611769 on Aug 03, 2008

Rated one of the best probiotics by Dr. Andrew Weil.

great product for those with digestive issues

Posted by Reviewer3233957 on Apr 12, 2008

after gallbladder surgery, had terrible problems. everything i ate or drank had an adverse reaction. started taking Culterelle and the problems practically disappeared. great for anyone who may have chronic or periodic digestive problems.