Culturelle, Health & Wellness Probiotic, 30 Veggie Caps

Culturelle-great for most, but beware of possible allergy to bacteria strain

Posted by Reviewer2682593 on Oct 13, 2010

This is a phenomenal probiotic product that completely eliminated clostridia from my husband's gut - verified via tests. However, be aware that SOME people are severely allergic to the lactobacillus bacteria strain. My mother developed an allergic reaction when taking this product which included bladder and kidney problems and severe rash on her arms. Nowhere is this possible reaction noted on the product. This went on for weeks until we did more research. We had to do several searches on the internet and came across this finding. Within 48 hours of stopping culturelle, her symptoms abated. Scary. Just beware.

Best I have used.

Posted by Reviewer1113432 on Feb 04, 2012

I have had candida for years. I think I have used every probiotic on the market. From 10 billion CFU to 450 billion CFU (yes 450 billion). I do not know what makes one probiotic work better than another. They all say they are better than an other due to certain reasons. But this actually works. I started taking 3 a day, and then one with every meal, but now I only need one a day. And one a day is amazingly, all I need.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer1816335 on Mar 08, 2008

I've used this product for over 4 years and it really seems to settle the digestive system down. I started using it after my first baby when I developed fruit allergies - my face would swell when I would eat fruit - within 6 mos. I could eat fruit again. This wasn't the only thing I did to heal my gut, but I believe it played a huge role.

CULTURELLE

Posted by Reviewer1040534 on Nov 11, 2009

Both my husband and I could not tolerate Culturelle. We both suffered uncomfortable AND prolonged intestinal gas and bloating right after taking a capsule, once a day for several days, until a friend told us that some people can't tolerate "inulin" contained in Culturelle. We have discontinued taking this product, but the bloating still remains. Hope it will subside soon. Please be warned.

Digestive & Immune System Health

Posted by HealthForAll on Jun 09, 2012

This is THE single most important supplement that I've ever taken, and it is worth every penny. I'm a 37 year old woman who was born with unexplained splenomegally (enlargement of the spleen; mine was the size of a football). When I was 6 years old, the spleen was surgically removed and I was then prescribed 500mg of penicillin DAILY, INDEFINITELY (GASP). I continued on this antibiotic regimen for 14 years until the age of 20, when I decided to go against my doctor's advice and take my health back (and stop creating antibiotic-resistant pathogenic bacteria). There was a LOT of damage to be un-done. Not only was I missing a spleen, but most of the good bacteria in my body (which actually contributes to about 70% of one's immunity) was destroyed by the antibiotics. Understandably, I was perpetually sick with colds, bronchitis, and other ailments through my mid-twenties - even after I stopped the penicillin. It wasn't until I started taking Culturelle about 10 years ago that my health started to turn around (I also started receiving acupuncture, and I believe both of these were key). I now RARELY get sick! I've also tried other brands of probiotics, including Dr. Ohhira, but Culturelle works better for me. Also, these work great as a treatment for vaginal yeast infections - just use as a vaginal suppository 1-2 times a day until symptoms are relieved (be sure to also use a pantyliner).