Culturelle, Health & Wellness Probiotic - Always loved probiotics

Posted by Thoughtful-Reviews on Feb 08, 2014

Tried this when it was a 'freebie' (long time ago?)... since I'm big on Chlorella and spirulina (they also stabilize your digestive system). I didn't quite see the difference. But I have a patient (I'm a nurse, pt is bedbound, with GTube, and trach), whose digestion was so sluggish that he had to be given suppositories q 3 days, then enema when it's not working. I suggested to the MD to give him 'probiotics' ... and guess what he Rx'ed -- Culturelle! Maybe it's the MD-Pharmacy &quot;conspiracy&quot; huh? Anyway, it worked. He goes more regularly now, and is only given the supps and enema on occasions, not like before. >>> To get more /Nuggets and Tips/ on products me and my family have actually bought and used... ... Click the link above [[Posted By Thoughtful-Reviews]]. Thanks for reading! <<<"

This works too

Posted by Reviewer2251825 on Nov 09, 2007

Even though I mainly use the Dr.Ohhira's, this is an excellent seconary probiotic.

Pretty Good products.

Posted by SmartHealth on Dec 22, 2012

I give this product for my kid for digestive suppoprt. She took it for almost 4 years as I just follow the people who wrote glowing report about it. I come to conclusion that it still works much better if you take multi probiotics No matter how superior the single strain is, our body needs multiple strains to make it work. Nonetheless, it is a good product if you don't mind spending the money like I did in the past 4 yr. I have stop using it and switch to multi strains probiotics.

Good product but with side effects

Posted by MummyKnowsBest on Aug 17, 2013

Side effects on my son, bloated stomach, alot of wind and constipated. As with all probiotics, i guess its normal. Only first week, shall monitor. I give alternate days for him.

Quite good

Posted by Healingbyrosie on Jan 18, 2013

I used to use Garden of Life Primal Defense Ultra but found with that one that I had to take up to 3 or more per day to get the desired effects. With this product I am only taking 1 per day which is a great improvement. However I am a bit upset that they didn't list the capsule ingredients on iherb instead just saying 'vegetable based capsule'. When I got the product the ingredients were listed on the packet and I am not too happy ingesting them. This product served me well at a time that I couldn't afford anything better. I am now integrating a lot more fermented foods into my diet and am taking Healthforce Nutritionals probiotics which are much higher quality. They are proven to have bacteria alive AT THE TIME the pill is ingested (other brands only test at the time of packaging the product and usually once you get to the point of ingesting the pill- most are dead). My digestion is excellent now as long as I am taking my fermented foods and probiotics daily.

Culturelle rocks!

Posted by earthwalker on Jun 27, 2012

High quality probiotic that needs to be refrigerated. I noticed an improvement in my bowel movements immediately after switching to Culturelle. I have taken a wide range of expensive, custom blended probiotics over the past 14 years. I feel like I have tried everything. This is the only one I take at the moment because I get really good results with it. Dairy-free!

This works.

Posted by Reviewer2568146 on Oct 21, 2007

High potency. Proven results. Highly researched. Single strain. No bifidus. If you research things you learn that bifidus is not what you want to take, despite its popularity. This is the one to use. Nothing fancy. Does the trick!

DanaB

Posted by Reviewer2862251 on Mar 18, 2008

This is by far the best probiotic I have found. When my kids come down with a fever or a cold, I double the amount of probiotics for a few days and avoid taking antibiotics. Helps with diaper rash when taken orally on a consistent basis!

Allergic Reaction to Lactobacilus GG

Posted by Reviewer2158434 on Aug 07, 2010

Bacteria strain made my system sick. It became pathnogenic, caused topical infections, and slowed healing process.

"miracle pill"

Posted by Reviewer2474455 on May 26, 2009

i bought this for my grandma to try as she has had chronic diarrhea since she had my uncle forty some odd years ago. multiple surgies and all sorts of prescriptions later she has found nothing to alleviate her intestinal problems. i stumbled across culturelle purely by accident and after reading numerous positive reviews decided to order it. Now my grandma has only been taking this for a few weeks, but she called me today to thank me for sending her a "miracle pill". she's had only one incident since she started taking culturelle. i only wish that id found this sooner for her.