Good Strain

Posted by Reviewer2245771 on Aug 05, 2012

Good strain, survives acid and colonized the gut as far as I could understand, unfortunately they put excipients in the piils, I hate this...

Lactobacillus GG is well researched and anectdotal evidence says it works well too

Posted by WildSweetVermont on Aug 01, 2012

Lactobacillus GG is one of the strains of probiotic with the most scientific study behind it. Different strains of probiotics affect the body differently. Please do some research, but among other physical symptoms this strain may treat especially well are pouchitis, the often difficult to treat Clostridium difficil (c diff) and eczema. A dear friend experienced painful pouchitis after colon surgery, and I wish I had known that this supplement was perhaps what could give her some relief. For me it was just an attempt to use beneficial bacteria after too many antibiotics. I found it very effective, and would highly recommend this brand and strain to others. Because different strains work better for different conditions, talk to your doctor to decide what supplement is best for you. If taking to offset antibiotics do take them at least a few hours apart so they don't work against each other. Here's to your radiant health! :)

For my baby

Posted by 5474152773990855566 on Jul 26, 2012

Good for price! Fast shipment"

Work fine

Posted by Reviewer1533331 on Jul 07, 2012

I tried these for a while, but went back to the Jarrow Dophilus formula. The idea of the pearls is a good idea; however, the cheaper formulas work just as well for me.

prefer other brands...

Posted by Reviewer2550937 on Jun 29, 2012

...this seems like hugely popular product but i was disappointed. wrong probiotic for my stomach i guess.

Great product

Posted by Rosequartz on Jun 28, 2012

I hv been using culturelle for my kids and myself for years. This is one probiotic that I'll stick to it for years.

Culturelle rocks!

Posted by earthwalker on Jun 27, 2012

High quality probiotic that needs to be refrigerated. I noticed an improvement in my bowel movements immediately after switching to Culturelle. I have taken a wide range of expensive, custom blended probiotics over the past 14 years. I feel like I have tried everything. This is the only one I take at the moment because I get really good results with it. Dairy-free!

Digestive & Immune System Health

Posted by HealthForAll on Jun 09, 2012

This is THE single most important supplement that I've ever taken, and it is worth every penny. I'm a 37 year old woman who was born with unexplained splenomegally (enlargement of the spleen; mine was the size of a football). When I was 6 years old, the spleen was surgically removed and I was then prescribed 500mg of penicillin DAILY, INDEFINITELY (GASP). I continued on this antibiotic regimen for 14 years until the age of 20, when I decided to go against my doctor's advice and take my health back (and stop creating antibiotic-resistant pathogenic bacteria). There was a LOT of damage to be un-done. Not only was I missing a spleen, but most of the good bacteria in my body (which actually contributes to about 70% of one's immunity) was destroyed by the antibiotics. Understandably, I was perpetually sick with colds, bronchitis, and other ailments through my mid-twenties - even after I stopped the penicillin. It wasn't until I started taking Culturelle about 10 years ago that my health started to turn around (I also started receiving acupuncture, and I believe both of these were key). I now RARELY get sick! I've also tried other brands of probiotics, including Dr. Ohhira, but Culturelle works better for me. Also, these work great as a treatment for vaginal yeast infections - just use as a vaginal suppository 1-2 times a day until symptoms are relieved (be sure to also use a pantyliner).

Probiotic

Posted by Reviewer1662056 on May 17, 2012

It may help with intestinal bacterial balance, but it is not obviously apparent.

should be much better than any other stuff

Posted by Reviewer2579683 on May 14, 2012

heard this one is very good i have bought this one since last Dec. after taking this one my runny nose was gone~!!