Derma E, Firming DMAE Moisturizer, with Alpha Lipoic and C-Ester, 2 oz (56 g)

Reviews 1-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

it clogged my pores

Posted by 4788284843714574973 on Feb 17, 2013

Gave me pimples. Now using it as hand cream

disaster

Posted by Reviewer1023358 on May 22, 2010

I had read wonderful things about this product. I was anxious to try it. I should have run a patch test. I put it on my face and it turned red and hot and itchy. Caution can be useful.

Disappointed

Posted by Reviewer1400503 on Mar 05, 2011

I had high hopes for this product based on all the positive reviews but unfortunately it irritated my skin and made me breakout.

Red rash and irritation

Posted by Reviewer1147270 on Nov 02, 2012

Can't believe this cream is rated so highly... I gave this cream two tries with 2-month break and I give up now. It is day 4 of my second try, and I have a burning rash all over my face. I had the same thing happen with my first try, except it took a few days longer to develop the rash. I get a feeling that this cream strips my skin and makes it very sensitive to everything. It burns when I apply makeup or even aloe vera gel to soothe irritation, and I developed dry patches on my face. And it smells horrible. Like grandma's expired cream. For reference, I'm 34 years old, with fair and sensitive thin skin. If your skin doesn't tolerate acid/vitamin C-based creams, I recommend that you try something else.

unexpected reaction

Posted by Reviewer1187801 on Mar 28, 2014

I purchased this cream based on good reviews and I do like a firming effect from a product. The 1st time I used it on my face, it didn't give me a reaction until a few days later, so I wasn't sure if it was caused by this cream. I stopped all products and use just an aloe moisturizer to heal the irritation. This morning I tried this cream a second time, the very same reaction started a few hours after application. I got patches of red, slightly swollen irritation on my face as if I have rubbed my face with a sanding paper, the patches were red, raw, warm to touch and firm, so in a way I guess it does 'firm' the skin! I think this product is not for everyone, and you may want to be careful with it. This morning I was quite happy with my skin, just a few hours with this cream on and I now look quite 'beaten up', my roommate thought I had a fist fight with somebody.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »