A big no, no.

Posted by RainbowNebula on Apr 11, 2015

Very bad: Scalp itchiness was caused and my hair became dull and oily pretty quickly. The smell does not linger either. The cap became moldy ...Would not buy this again.

It greases my hair

Posted by 4907270913963141170 on Dec 09, 2014

I always do double shampooing, but i cannot cleanse my hair with it effectively. I do like the smell. Seems it would be better as a shower gel.

Not for me

Posted by Reviewer1917253 on Dec 07, 2014

Made my scalp itch. It doesn't smell like apples, more chemical type. Made my hair limp and oily on day two.

Not good

Posted by Reviewer2102328 on Nov 05, 2014

Smells good, but gave me greasy and oily hair. Very disappointed!

It smells artifical

Posted by 5088562524343003884 on Oct 03, 2014

This smells like cough syrup, but after washing with it the scent doesn't stay in my hair, thank god. I think it's because I didn't use a lot. I had oily hair but this makes my scalp really dry, itchy and my hair frizzly, I guess that's what they meant by volume. I much prefer the lemon tea tree shampoo from this brand.

Very desappointed after having read all the good reviews

Posted by 5327245564910499109 on Jun 11, 2014

I had a lot of expectations for this shampoo but it is just not good. It doesn't do anything good to my hair (not shinier, not smoother, not healthier) and the smell is horrible, I don't understand how it can smell so bad when it is supposed to be only natural stuffs in it. It has a very strong chemical/fake scent. I definitely won't buy it again and won't recommand it.

Extremely Irritating and Made My Hair Oilier Faster

Posted by Reviewer1168373 on Mar 04, 2014

This shampoo irritated my scalp more than any natural one I've ever used. Made my scalp burn and itch. Strongly don't recommend! It seemed to clean well the first day but then I found out that it made my hair oilier much earlier than other shampoos and my hair does not get oily quickly! It smells nice and makes hair shiny but that shine soon becomes oil! It does not give good body. My hair is average thickness and fine. The shampoo I recommend is EO everyday lavender or the sulfate free one. Those actually work and do not irritate. I have no idea how this shampoo got so many good reviews!

Never tested

Posted by 5031048951897014272 on Sep 01, 2013

Never received my order. Won't buy again!

Desert Essence, Organics Hair care green apple & ginger shampoo. 8fl. oz

Posted by Reviewer3190885 on May 22, 2009

The shampoo was supposed to be volumizing and thickening. Not only wasn't the shampoo thickening or volumizing, it did the opposite. Even though my hair tends to be slightly oily, after this shampoo, I got fly-away hair. It was terrible. None of the thickening shampoos are exactly what they claim to be, but this is the worst.

Shows how different we all are

Posted by Reviewer2946335 on Mar 07, 2008

The smell to me is horrid. I had to rewash my hair a few hours later it was so bad. Smells (to me ) like a tobacco shop. The conditioner is just as bad. I will stick with the Aubrey Organics or the Kiss my Face ones