New To iHerb?

Desert Essence, Shampoo, Coconut, 8 fl oz (237 ml)

Good, but not quite what I'm looking for

Posted by Reviewer2935653 on Jan 12, 2012

I bought this and the matching conditioner. The shampoo is thick coming out of the bottle, and it smells more like pina colada coconut to me than straight-up coconut. It lathers well (much richer lather than I was expecting) and rinses easily. It didn't tangle my hair as I was washing it like some shampoos can. My hair and scalp felt clean and fresh. My only complaint is that it's still a little on the drying side for me. Using the "condition-wash-condition" method and avoiding the ends of my hair when shampooing helped abate this somewhat, but I was hoping for a shampoo that would be moisturizing in its own right. This would probably be excellent for people with normal to slightly dry hair. My hair is just a little too dry and damaged for this to work for me.

Love this!

Posted by Reviewer2828929 on Oct 05, 2010

I love this shampoo, it is great for my curly dry hair. I mix it with water because it is so concentrated, and it lasts forever!

great clean without stripping hair

Posted by Reviewer1565786 on Jan 24, 2012

I love this stuff. A good gentle cleanser (with good lather thanks to the coconut oil) that doesn't strip moisture from the hair. I have color-treated, naturally wavy-curly hair and my hair loves this stuff. I also use the Coconut conditioner and love that too. I switched from the DE Shea butter shampoo and conditioner, and this is a little bit more costly but so worth it for hair that behaves.

Great!

Posted by shadow-girl on Sep 12, 2012

My long curly hairs loved it! I used this shampoo together with the same conditioner. Hairs are not dry after it, and it's good for my scalp. Smells not like real coconut, more synthetic, but still good.

Good, but not great :)

Posted by 5426337841123089547 on Nov 09, 2012

This shampoo did not like. It does the job, foams well, washes well, to squeak. But ... Yet he did not seem so natural, like from Aubrey Organitss. Smell a little chemical. Not quite coconut smell. For me it is important to organic, natural. He is not 100% so. Этот шампунь мне не очень понравился. Как бы он справляется со своей работой, пенится хорошо, промывает до скрипа. Но... все же он мне не кажется таким натуральным, как например от Aubrey Organics. Запах немного химический. Не совсем кокосом пахнет. Для меня важно натуральность и экологичность. Он не на 100% такой.