Guaranteed Best Value for Natural Products!

Deva, Omega-3 DHA, Delayed Release, 90 Vcaps

Wonderful!

Posted by Reviewer1143909 on Feb 18, 2010

I love this product so much that this is the first review that I'm writing before being prompted by iHerb to do so. I had been taking fish oil for years, and had decided that GNC's Triple Strength Fish Oil was the best omega-3 supplement available anywhere. However, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and was advised to discontinue using it (any fish oil, that is) due to the high iodine content. I let my brain starve for omega-3s for about a month before I started doing research on non-fish derived alternatives, and found this product. I swear that it's far superior to any fish oil supplement I've ever taken. My mental clarity is much greater than it ever was on fish oil, as is my emotional state. I think that the high EPA content my be a strike against fish oil (as well as the high iodine content, at least for some people). I'm not sure, but I think that the brain is about 40% DHA, yet contains no EPA. I could be wrong. Anyway, for mental acuity and psychological well-being (as far as it's biochemically influenced), and general brain health, this product, in my opinion, cannot be surpassed. The only negative aspect is the ungodly odor, but that can be avoided so long as you don't deliberately take a whiff of the inside of the bottle, and if you fill your mouth with water and then drop the capsule in (which is how I take all my pills anyway). Give this product a try, never mind the smell, and you'll be feeding your brain and consuming a product that's more environmentally sustainable than fish oil.

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer2447572 on Jun 08, 2008

This product is enteric coated and it helps with fishy burping. Algae oil has a naturally fishy smell so enteric coating helps "after" you swallow the capsule. However I do not think it helps with the smell of the oil because when I open the bottle there is a smell. Manufacturer says it is normal and I think I got used to it after a while so I do not mind at all. I also found refrigirating does help greatly so put it in the fridge after you open it. Iherb has an excellent price for DEVA's DHA.

vegitarian DHA

Posted by Reviewer1552784 on Jun 08, 2008

As a vegetarian I love this product. It allows me to get the long-chain DHA Omega-3 fatty acids that aren't otherwise available in a non-animal based product.

Deva Vegan Omega-3 DHA Derived from Algae

Posted by Reviewer1345007 on Jun 15, 2010

Absolutely spectacular product !! I've been vegan 22 yrs & attempted another vegan DHA product that made me nautious immediately upon swallowing. This product is made different & I have NO problems whatsoever. And, it is working wonderfully.

Recommended by Dr. Oz.

Posted by Reviewer1687596 on Feb 03, 2009

I am taking this on the recommendation of Dr. Oz. Dr. Weil also recommends omega 3s. Heart disease runs in my family and I want my heart to stay healthy.