Good Surprise

Posted by Reviewer2309166 on May 29, 2008

I had been looking for something that would be "earth friendly" and also easy to use. I was hesitant to try these, but after reading many positive reviews on the internet about them, I decided to give the "Diva Cup" a try. I'm so glad that I did. It took 2 months to be using it "like a pro". It's comfortable, clean and very quick to use. I only have to use a small panty liner as an 'emergency back up' with it, but it wasn't ACTUALLY needed. The cup does a great job. No leaks when used correctly. The instructions that come with it are easy to read and have pictures to demonstrate. Since I am no longer having to buy heavy tampons and thick pads, this will pay for itself. I have since bought another one. One to keep at home in the bathroom, and one to keep in my purse (in case i'm out and my period starts) I'm traveling this summer, and plan on keeping both in my purse. I can use one, remove it and replace it with the clean one. Then I can just wrap up the used one and wash it with soap when i get to a 'private' sink and then store it again for the next use. I reccomend that if you are in doubt about this product, to just do a quick search on Google and there are many discussion boards with tips and reviews that are so helpful. Well worth the money!

So far, so good.

Posted by Reviewer1134112 on Dec 18, 2008

I've used this through 1 cycle so far. Overall, I'm definitely satisfied. I read up on it quite a bit before purchasing, esp. regarding how to use it. I'd recommend doing the same before you use it. During my extra heaviest day or two I did have a little leakage, but that was due to my not emptying often enough (every 2 hours or so, because it's very heavy.) Had the same trouble with tampons. I think the Diva Cup will help me monitor that better over time. Once I got past that point I only needed to empty twice, if that. Love that I could do that in the shower in the morning, too. I always had access to my own bathroom for the whole experience, so I'm not sure how I'd feel if I had to take care of it in a public restroom. I bought 2 in preparation for that day. (i.e. take a baggie to take yucky own home to clean.) I think I'll get better at it over time. Comfortable, once you get it positioned, you don't know it's there. If you check it prematurely, no big deal-not like when you waste a tampon. No tampon strings when you go to the restroom! Previously used O.B. Happy to save money, produce less trash, and not put a bleach-processed item in my body. I'm a 33 year old mother of 3.

I don't know why I didn't get this sooner!

Posted by Reviewer2153399 on Aug 02, 2010

I love that this reduces my consumption of disposable products (no more dog digging in the trash bin!). It costs less than a year's supply of 'sposies (even cheapo-store brands). The package says for 1 year use, but if cared for properly, I bet it could go atleast 4x longer than that. Easy to use (sometimes the first use of the cycle feel weird, but body adjusts immediately). I love that it frees up my time, especially having a toddler to chase after, and I don't have to think about it all day. Whether I'm light or heavy, same cup, same routine and at the end of the cycle I wash, boil and put away for the month. I only had leaks twice and that was due to incorrect insertion (rushing around that morning) and forgot to empty another night when I was heavy. Yes, It feels like nothing, I could easily forget it was there! I don't believe in taking OTC pain meds, and since using the Diva Cup, I can say I NEVER had bad cramps that needed something. Most importantly, I feel more in touch with my body and my cycle, which is great to know if you're trying to conceive. For your first time I recommend practicing either before your cycle or in the middle when you are not so tender. For me a warm shower was just the trick. There are cup resource blogs out there if you feel hesitant or nervous.

E.C.

Posted by Reviewer3135552 on May 23, 2008

I was very pleased with it. The seven-fold method worked best for me, so I got used to wearing it within 3 days. At first, I could feel the cup, but once I repositioned it correctly, I could no longer feel it. It gives me complete freedom from those diaper-like pads. All I need is a pantyliner throughout. Unlike tampons, it does not absorb the vaginal fluids, so I can wear it even during lite flows. With tampons, I had to switch to pads when my flow was too lite for a tampon, yet too heavy for a liner. Goodbye "diapers!" Now I don't have to carry all those different sizes of tampons, and that saves me a lot of money monthly! I should have done this sooner.

Took acouple of days to get it right...

Posted by Reviewer1342030 on May 23, 2008

but once I did, it was fantastic! I have a pretty heavy flow and this didn't leak once! (I did have to empty it every couple of hours during the two heaviest flow days of my cycle...but I would have been changing a super tampon every hour...sometimes less). I am also very active and didn't have any problems as far as that was concerned. I would recommend this product to anyone who's trying to green up their life, has a heavy flow, is active, or who doesn't want to be bothered with the hassle of tampons and pads.

WILL NEVER USE TAMPONS AGAIN

Posted by YoungerNextYear on Mar 02, 2016

This changed my life and my level of happiness. Please be a risk taker and try this. Yes, it does leak from time to time on heavy days -- just like a tampon does. And Yes, I've had some messes but don't let some of these reviews scare you. I'm 43 years old, 3 kids and I have been using it for 5 years exclusively. It changes my life. No more night pads or tampon since converting. NEVER ONE LEAK AT NIGHT. Freedom at night. If you found this review helpful, please click "YES"

Don't be afraid of strange things

Posted by 4819568733374172670 on Mar 26, 2015

The first day I checked it very often, and it took time till I succeeded to insert it in a comfortable way, but it wasn't actually necessary to take it out that often. It still could have stayed inside for 5-6 hours on days when I used to change tampons every 2,5-3 hours. It doesn't make a bigger mess than a tampon does. It's a problem to clean it in a public bathroom. I didn't have to, but I can't imagine cleaning it only with paper. If you know you will have to, be prepared! Maybe organic water based wipes can be used for that? About size:I am 30 and had a C sec and a vaginal birth, and it's ok. I know it's very individual but still. Don't buy the smaller size. Good luck! I will stick to it!

LOVE IT!!

Posted by Reviewer1508529 on Mar 28, 2010

It is awesome. I will never use another tampon again if I can help it. It works perfectly. It takes some practice to use it. I couldn't figure out how to turn it as the directions state. Finally I figured out that if I sit on the toilet, then bare down like I am going to (excuse the bluntness-just good advice) fart, it comes down far enough that I barely have to put my fingers inside to turn it. You feel it when it opens up fully. If first you don't succeed, try, try again! You wont regret it!!!

Trouble w/ it falling out

Posted by Reviewer2508416 on Sep 24, 2008

I've only been using it a couple of days. I did lots of looking online at other people's experiences, so insertion has gone fine. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble w/ it wanting to fall out all the time. I got the larger size after having had two kids, but it still slips down and is literally falling out. I can look down and see about an inch of it! I trimmed the stem all the way down because it kept stabbing/pinching, then decided to turn it inside out because it still didn't help. That helped the discomfort, but it still keeps sliding out. Feels like a tampon falling out all day. I can't run with it in for fear that it will literally drop out of my shorts and go rolling down the street! I'll try some kuegels. As a triathlete, I really want this to work!

Easy to use; Environmentally friendly!

Posted by RacerWife7 on Jun 14, 2008

I received my Diva Cup last week and had the opportunity to use it yesterday. I am ecstatic that I found this amazing product! I had absolutely NO problem inserting it and NO leaks - even overnight. This is the PERFECT alternative to tampons or pads. I highly recommend it!