Diva International, The Diva Cup, Model 1, 1 Menstrual Cup

Reviews 2-star

Not for me

Posted by Reviewer1855230 on Dec 06, 2008

It's great that many have had success with the DivaCup, but unfortunately it just isn't for me. I followed the directions and practiced inserting it a few times. It was difficult to get the hang of the insertion process and once it was in, I could ALWAYS feel it in there. Despite trying repeatedly throughout my cycle it remained uncomfortable to wear. If that wasn't enough, removal was terrible. In the directions they tell you not to insert it too far, however my muscles always seem to pull it a little further in than I place the cup myself. So when trying to remove it I have to stick my fingers way up there and grab the stem with my nails... Usually I had to repeatedly attempt to pull the cup up since it wouldn't budge easily. And finally, when I finally would get it to the point where I almost had it out of me it would begin to HURT like CRAZY! TOn be honest, I felt like I was getting a small taste of what it feels like to give birth. Anyway, many I'm just oddly shaped or something, but this did NOT work for me. I'm currently trying out the Instead Softcups and I have high hopes for these. Way easier to insert than the DivaCup and I can't feel it at all. It's good to know that us women have options other than pad and tampons.

Not for EVERY Diva

Posted by Reviewer3226088 on Jan 15, 2010

I LOVE the idea of the Diva cup, but I found it awkward to wear and difficult to insert. Great idea! But probably better for women with more penetrative experience :/

Too big if you are petite!!!

Posted by Reviewer2006141 on Sep 27, 2010

I bought this cup after numerous positive reviews. Im petite and size 1 is too big! I've tried it several times and every time its uncomfortable because i can sense it and it is quite hard to urinate.

Diva cup

Posted by Reviewer2006399 on Apr 15, 2012

Ok this cup is way too big. I tried all kinds of folds and none works, it hurts. Im 20 years old, not a virgin, but im really tight and I wish I could find a smaller model. I was able to get it in once, and it felt like hell when I got it out. I think the idea is great , but its not for me yet. I was very disappointed.

Tried it don't like it

Posted by Reviewer2078719 on Aug 27, 2012

Thought this is a great alternative to tampons. I didn't want to use tanpons anymore because it feels so unnatural to have a "plug" inside..this one I figured would be good because the blood can flow. Getting it in was not too difficult but getting it out was painful. Also, I didn't feel it wearing it but somewhere I got this feeling that my inside is constantly expanded (so that the blood doesn't leak) and that is not natural. I'm all for natural so I'm gonna get one of those organic cotton pads. Yea so I won't be able to go to the pool or exercise but when I think of it, when I'm on my period my body's literally bleeding, detoxing, I should stay home & relax. At least for the heavy 2-3 days.. Only pro for this was that I got to see how much blood I'm actually loosing. Interesting. I didn't have a time where I had to change my cup in public but I can imagine it's a hassle to remove it, wash it & put it back in when you are not at home.. Just my opinion..