Doctor's Best, Best 5-HTP, 100 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

amazing stuff!

Posted by Reviewer3135894 on Oct 20, 2008

took away that nagging desire to eat! And helped with my anxiety and depression. I've actually been able to focus and organize for the first time in ages. I've been on assorted meds for the past 15 years, and nothing has worked this well. I've been off all prescriptions for a month now, and I feel great. I feel like me again thanks to 5-htp, combined with rhodiola. Took some time to experiment with dosages, but I found that about 30mg of the 5-htp is plenty. 100mg made me sleep, a nice dreamy sleep, but I can't sleep all day, too much to do. Even taking it every other day works well. I've tried LOTS of supplements over the past year, nothing has had such a profound effect as this. And this is the 1st time I felt I needed to write a review, please try it!

Pick-me-up

Posted by Reviewer1032922 on Jan 08, 2012

This is even greater than I expected! I was suffering from a worse-than-usual case of SAD in November - a very dark, rainy, depressing time of year to live in the northernmost part of Europe. Darkness, depression, horrible relationship problems and a horrible break-up, stressed out because of study deadlines... after just one week of taking St. John's Wort plus 5-HTP, my general mood suddenly went from "devastated and morbid" to "cheery and upbeat", and has stayed there.

Greatest against Depression!

Posted by Reviewer2664300 on Dec 06, 2007

I used Prozac for over 5 years and threw them out when I started using 5-HTP and never felt better. I'm 48 now and have been diagnosed with bi-polar since I was 8 years old.

Underwhelming Brand

Posted by Reviewer1105031 on Oct 23, 2009

I am very much sold on 5-HTP as a supplement for its many benefits (sleep and mood), however both my wife and I found this brand to be less effective than other brands. NOW and (especially) HEALTHY ORIGINS were noticeably more effective than this one.

No sir, I didn't like it

Posted by Reviewer1497043 on Apr 08, 2008

For me, this product didn't work. It actually made my quality of sleep worse. I'd wake up several times a night while on this product.