Very unpleasant side effects

Posted by Reviewer1098988 on May 23, 2008

Although I have read how 5-HTP can have a very positive effect on ones mood and sleep, my experience has been very negative. It made me very depressed and negative after the second day of use and adjusting the dose made no difference. The side effects for some are just as bad as those of prescription antidepressants. I must say that I have weird reactions to any kind of antidepressant and neurotransmitter stimulants. So it's just me and not the quality of the product. However, if you are sensitive to things, then use with caution.

It works, but made me more depressed the next day

Posted by Reviewer3125411 on Jun 08, 2009

Be careful with dosage. I am 115 pounds, and I think the 100mg is too much for me. It made me relaxed, but too drowsy. Then the next day I was crying and felt more depressed then I ever have. I then opened the capsule and took half then next day, but still felt too drowsy and more depressed the following day. Also had bad dreams on it.

Pretty decent...nothing to rave about

Posted by Reviewer1201895 on Mar 26, 2009

This is brand is alright. It made a little difference in my mood, but not significant enough to buy again. I felt very sleepy 2 hours after I took it, and I felt I was watching my life pass by through a foggy window. I'll keep trying other brands of HTP to find the one that works best for me.

Xmas time again

Posted by Reviewer2484117 on Nov 30, 2008

I buy this along with a couple of other products to help fight my depression which usually gets worse around this time of the year. It's insurance.

3-stars

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Oct 20, 2015

Good product. I'd say more but I won't since nobody is paying me to review supplements.

Maybe maybe not

Posted by Reviewer2078719 on Sep 30, 2012

Got this because I wanted to be more calm, less anxious. Maybe it worked. At the same time I started discovering God so that definitely helped.

good for some, not for all

Posted by Reviewer2221991 on Jan 22, 2008

This didn't work for me to get me asleep. In fact, it felt like I had a harder time falling asleep when taking it. It did keep me asleep once I drifted off (no night time bathroom breaks but I care about the first rather than the latter).

Doctor's Best, Best 5-HTP, 100 mg,

Posted by Reviewer2917759 on Mar 16, 2008

Has helped with my sleep but it is more effective taken on an empty stomach.

Doesn't seems to help in achieving better sleep

Posted by Reviewer3004457 on Jun 27, 2008

Bought it to achieve better sleep, however, it doesn't seems to work on me but it does help in improving on mood.

Good Value

Posted by Reviewer1697434 on Jul 10, 2008

This is the first HTP product I've tried and have had no problems. I reordered the same again.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »