Literally the BEST!

Posted by Reviewer2803113 on Aug 26, 2008

I've battled seasonal affective disorder for twenty years, each winter the symptoms would get worse. Finally, I came across Doctor's Best, Best 5-HTP capsules. This combined with a 1000 IU of Vitamin D3 has given me the best two winters since I was a teenager! I take two capsules of Doctor's Best 5-HTP at night. (Taking it during the day made me too tired.) No matter how exhausted I am at the end of the day, I will ALWAYS take this 5-HTP and my vitamin D3, because I know how much better it helps me feel.

Doctor's Best 5-HTP is the best!

Posted by Reviewer2263037 on May 28, 2008

I have tried other natural sleep/relaxation products in the past only to be disappointed. This is so different. there have been no problems with taste, odor, daytime sleepiness etc. I can truthfully say, this is just like you haven't taken anything at all yet, you get results. It's wonderful and I highly recommend it Oh, by the way, I specialized in sleep medicine for 10 years. Just thought you might like to know. Thanks for a wonderful product. GiGi

Наконец спокойствие и нега///////////////////////////////////Finally, peace and bliss

Posted by --Irka-- on Aug 11, 2012

Самое печальное проявление моего ПМС это жуткая раздражительность и агрессивность. Мне было очень стыдно перед родными за свое неадекватное поведение. Решила попробовать 5НТР, но сначала взяла пробник, т.к. читала, что у некоторых людей от него болит голова и нет эффекта... Пила по 2 капсулы в день - утром и вечером - что могу сказать... НАКОНЕЦ я чувствовала себя по-человечески!!! Спокойно и даже с удовольствием!!!! Сразу же заказала полную версию и, пожалуй, не раз повторю этот заказ ради мира в семье!!!//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////The saddest part of my PMS is a manifestation of a terrible irritability and aggressiveness. I was very ashamed of their families for their inappropriate behavior. 5HTP decided to try, but first took the probe, as read that some people from a headache, and there is no effect ... Saw 2 capsules a day - morning and evening - I can say ... FINALLY, I felt like a human! Calmly and even with pleasure! Immediately ordered the full version and probably not repeat this order for the sake of peace in the family!

Say goodbye to sleepless night

Posted by MY-PRODUCT-REVIEWS on Apr 21, 2014

Great sleep aid.

Gets you up and going

Posted by Reviewer2164330 on Aug 27, 2014

If you suffer from Depression, whether it is seasonal or related to a series of events colliding into an unmanageable mess this product will help to get you feeling better with its direct delivery of serotonin straight to your brain. Synthetic SSRI's are converted in the blood and take weeks to work, and may cause long term negative side effects. Within days I felt better (though still working through issues so still human and not zombie-like with taking synthetic SSRI's). There is some stomach upset but nothing like with the synthetic SSRI's. You can also quite these anytime without negative effect unlike the necessity of being weaned off of synthetic SSRI's.

Not cutting it

Posted by Reviewer2357234 on Apr 04, 2012

UPDATE TO EARLIER REVIEW: I've had to go back on antidepressant after being on 5HTP. I thought it was working but in reality it was about 30% as good as my antidepressant. I started having suicidal thoughts, crying spells, waking in the night, unable to deal socially with people, apathy etc. etc. My morning anxiety was also through the roof. I had to be honest and admit these were not the wonder pills I wanted them to be. Please do not feel bad if you are a person like me who has to be on antidepressants. I've tried every natural alternative known to man. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I tried this after reading the great reviews. I had just had shocking withdrawals from Effexor after being on it for eight years - another story... Anyhow at first this didn't work well for me and I despaired thinking I would have to go back on an AD. I did not see quick results like most people. It has taken a good month and an increase in dose to see the same effect as Effexor which is pretty remarkable. I take 2 tablets per day, one a.m. one evening and I find this dose works for me. One a day was just barely getting me by and giving me good and bad days. You may need to experiment a bit and/or wait longer than just a few days to see results. Definitely happy that it's working now though as I have never wanted to be on ADs long term and this is a great natural alternative!

didnt work

Posted by Reviewer3362040 on Sep 28, 2013

Didn't work for me.

Does not work - Caused me sleepless nights !

Posted by 5736688796725479781 on Oct 14, 2013

I was taking this for my social anxiety disorder and generalized anxiety. I never had sleeping problems. I took two pills a day, one in the morning and one at night. I can guarantee you it was no placebo effect. I took it for 3 days, and for all those 3 days and nights, I did not have a restful sleep. It was doing the opposite of what it was recommended for. Its supposed to be a precursor to Serotonin, which becomes Melatonin that helps with sleep. But I do not know what went wrong. The moment I stopped taking them, that night itself I had a good sleep. Note: I also had slight nausea and stomach ache while taking it. NOT RECOMMENDED!

Complements Melatonin

Posted by Reviewer2653691 on Sep 07, 2006

I thought my nightly dose of Melatonin was sufficient to help me sleep but when I found myself consistently waking up in the middle of the night because of a health problem, I looked into 5-HTP. I didn't expect much since the two supplements are somewhat related but I wanted to give it a try anyway -- and I'm glad I did. I now do both and sleep solidly throughout the night. Give it a whirl. Just make sure to take it on an empty stomach because other amino acids (proteins) will "neuter" it.

Great for PMS

Posted by Reviewer1108612 on Mar 19, 2008

I take this with Now brand GABA, one each at night a few hours before I go to bed. I get really bad PMS and this past month, it wasn't so bad. I sleep better and I wasn't as anxious, mean, or weepy. I think next month the week before my period I will double up on both pills and then go back to the normal dosage after my period. Like I said it works because I wasn't as bad as I normally am. I'd like to not experiance any PMS symptoms so that's why I'll double up on week 3. We'll see if it works! Also, I sleep a lot better. One thing I should add is that I've been laying off the caffiene. Maybe it's just that or maybe it's the pills. Whatever it is, I'll continue to avoid the caffiene and I'll continue to take GABA with 5-HTP.