Wonderful

Posted by Reviewer2842231 on Oct 25, 2007

I use this supplement for many reasons including mood, calmness, weight loss, ect. This is also agreat valueand one of my favorite supplements.

Use for migraines

Posted by Reviewer1937326 on Feb 23, 2008

I have suffered from consistent monthly migraines and read about this product on a migraine page. I take it daily and I haven't been able to completely get rid of my headaches, but I have been able to cut them back and they do seem less intense. I also read that some people get an upset stomach when taking it, but I have not had that experience.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2574712 on Dec 27, 2007

I have used other more expensive brands but this is just as good for half the price!

GREATLY EASED MY PAINS

Posted by Reviewer1907061 on May 05, 2009

aided greatly with my TMJ PAINS IN JAW. THANK YOU

Posted by 5124191739272756798 on May 20, 2015

Zzzzzzzzzz!

Help you get sleep in a kind way...

Posted by acumen on Aug 19, 2013

... and don't leave you tired or sleepy the day after. PS. Be sure to check my profile page for +180 reviews on iHerb products.

Maybe maybe not

Posted by Reviewer2078719 on Sep 30, 2012

Got this because I wanted to be more calm, less anxious. Maybe it worked. At the same time I started discovering God so that definitely helped.

good for some, not for all

Posted by Reviewer2221991 on Jan 22, 2008

This didn't work for me to get me asleep. In fact, it felt like I had a harder time falling asleep when taking it. It did keep me asleep once I drifted off (no night time bathroom breaks but I care about the first rather than the latter).

Not cutting it

Posted by Reviewer2357234 on Apr 04, 2012

UPDATE TO EARLIER REVIEW: I've had to go back on antidepressant after being on 5HTP. I thought it was working but in reality it was about 30% as good as my antidepressant. I started having suicidal thoughts, crying spells, waking in the night, unable to deal socially with people, apathy etc. etc. My morning anxiety was also through the roof. I had to be honest and admit these were not the wonder pills I wanted them to be. Please do not feel bad if you are a person like me who has to be on antidepressants. I've tried every natural alternative known to man. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I tried this after reading the great reviews. I had just had shocking withdrawals from Effexor after being on it for eight years - another story... Anyhow at first this didn't work well for me and I despaired thinking I would have to go back on an AD. I did not see quick results like most people. It has taken a good month and an increase in dose to see the same effect as Effexor which is pretty remarkable. I take 2 tablets per day, one a.m. one evening and I find this dose works for me. One a day was just barely getting me by and giving me good and bad days. You may need to experiment a bit and/or wait longer than just a few days to see results. Definitely happy that it's working now though as I have never wanted to be on ADs long term and this is a great natural alternative!

Didn't use it

Posted by Reviewer1073827 on Nov 14, 2013

Don't know why I bought this, but didn't use, because have read negative reviews of this, So don't know will it work. :(