• Positively the best value in the world for certified Sigma Tau (Italian made) Acetyl L-Carnitine!
  • Customer Ratings

Doctor's Best, Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCL, 588 mg, 120 capsule

Posted by Reviewer2243914 on Oct 14, 2011

I would totally recommend this product for mental clarity, enhanced memory and focus and concentration. I found this product very helpful this semester for university courses, which I thought have lost my focus. I shared this product with my dorm-mate and she swears by this. So we ordered another two bottles of it. I would never live without this ALCAR, It is a magic pill for students or anyone who wants enhanced focus, concentration and better memory. You have to combine this with Alpha Lipoic Acid for for even better results. iherb is wonderful in their services, my purchase was delivered within 5 working days here in Fiji.

Improvement in athletic performance!

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 15, 2013

I started taking this product after the Perricone recommendation, Acetyl L Carnitine, is supposed to be anti inflammatory and improves mitochondrial function. I take it with my omegas for better absorption. I think it has improved my athletic performance. Another very good product is Carnityl by Thorne Research. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

It gives me a bit of a mental boost

Posted by NBPT100 on Apr 16, 2013

I have been taking 2 tablets a day for a few months. One in the morning and the other in the afternoon. I will say, my mind is sharper and my memory is a bit better. It is also good for muscles including the heart. Give it a few weeks before you judge it. Do not take it too late in the day or it may impact your sleep. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my iHerb home page by clicking on my handle name above. There you can read my other value added reviews. Peace and good health.

Quality and Purity first

Posted by Reviewer1205125 on Mar 12, 2008

If you are using a Chinese made product, you could be putting your health in danger. Doctor's Best is made without the D isomer that can cause cells to not function properly and possibly die. If you cannot find out the D isomer content of a product, or they won't tell you, then don't buy that brand of carnitine. Buy only products containing carnitine made by Sigma Tau or Lonza.

Healthy energizer and focus agent.

Posted by mozzer on May 31, 2012

One to 3 grams before a workout and anytime you need a mental lift. Combine with Alpha GPC, Methyl B-12, Bacopa, PS, Ginkgo or any other of your preferred mental acuity products for excellent drive and focus all day.

Good for daydreaming and verbal skills

Posted by bODYhACK3r on Oct 22, 2012

Odd but true! Did really well on exams and my fantasies (not sexual lol) become much more prolonged and clear.

Brain power, Get Your Memory back!

Posted by Reviewer2925093 on Feb 04, 2011

Acetyl-LCarnitine can give you back your memory. I used to be so forgetful, to the point of it being scary. Now I take Doctor's Best A-L-C, one of my favorite brands, and Phosphatidylserine. Two very good memory boosters.

Great for energy and sustainable weight loss

Posted by dav605 on Jun 30, 2012

I originally took this product because it was touted as a way to stay mentally sharp. What I have found is that taking one capsule a day has made me feel more energetic and more interested in exercise. I have lost about 50 pounds over the last 7 years, slowly and sustainably. I have slowly increased my weekly exercise and I credit Acetyl-L-Carnitine. It isn't a stimulant like caffeine. I just feel more alert and willing to exercise when I am taking it. I do find that if I increase my dose to 2 capsules a day, I start to feel anxious and jumpy, but not the way too much caffeine makes me jittery. I have recommended this supplement to others who have also slowly lost weight as a result of being motivated to exercise more and had the same success with their weight not returning. Losing weight slowly doesn't have the appeal of "shedding pounds" but for veteran dieters, the prospect of sustainable weight loss should be recognized as valuable.

Good brand/good results

Posted by Reviewer2193166 on Aug 30, 2010

I take this as part of my supplement regimen. I am not certain about specific effects, as I take so many different supplements. All I know is that I feel better than I've ever felt. I am 28 years old and recently went through a year of major trauma, yet I have energy, clarity of thought, and generally feel great.

Better than L-Carnitine

Posted by Reviewer3082141 on Jun 05, 2008

Using Sigma-Tau L-Carnitine had already resulted in disappearance of the 'haziness' in my mind - and addition of Acetyl chased my panic attacks away. Life is definitively more fun now.