Doctor's Best, Best Acetyl-L-Carnitine , 500 mg, 120 Capsules

Brain power, Get Your Memory back!

Posted by Reviewer2925093 on Feb 04, 2011

Acetyl-LCarnitine can give you back your memory. I used to be so forgetful, to the point of it being scary. Now I take Doctor's Best A-L-C, one of my favorite brands, and Phosphatidylserine. Two very good memory boosters.

Quality and Purity first

Posted by Reviewer1205125 on Mar 12, 2008

If you are using a Chinese made product, you could be putting your health in danger. Doctor's Best is made without the D isomer that can cause cells to not function properly and possibly die. If you cannot find out the D isomer content of a product, or they won't tell you, then don't buy that brand of carnitine. Buy only products containing carnitine made by Sigma Tau or Lonza.

Great for energy and sustainable weight loss

Posted by dav605 on Jun 30, 2012

I originally took this product because it was touted as a way to stay mentally sharp. What I have found is that taking one capsule a day has made me feel more energetic and more interested in exercise. I have lost about 50 pounds over the last 7 years, slowly and sustainably. I have slowly increased my weekly exercise and I credit Acetyl-L-Carnitine. It isn't a stimulant like caffeine. I just feel more alert and willing to exercise when I am taking it. I do find that if I increase my dose to 2 capsules a day, I start to feel anxious and jumpy, but not the way too much caffeine makes me jittery. I have recommended this supplement to others who have also slowly lost weight as a result of being motivated to exercise more and had the same success with their weight not returning. Losing weight slowly doesn't have the appeal of "shedding pounds" but for veteran dieters, the prospect of sustainable weight loss should be recognized as valuable.

Good for daydreaming and verbal skills

Posted by bODYhACK3r on Oct 22, 2012

Odd but true! Did really well on exams and my fantasies (not sexual lol) become much more prolonged and clear.

Gives me energy!

Posted by 5263355940042198385 on Jul 23, 2013

I am a 37yo full-time working mom with a 31month toddler. I took this as i was facing an increasing lack of energy that is slowly affecting my daily life. I used to feel refreshed and recharged after a good 6-7hrs sleep, but recent months that just didn't work no matter even if i had a straight 10hrs sleep. i immediately felt completely drained out and ready to hit the bed again after sending my gal to the childcare -- that was like 90mins from i last woke up! After some research i decided to give this a try. I took 2caps of this with 200mg of CoQ10 and Omega3 first thing every morning for a month now, and WOW, this does the trick! i no longer felt drained out and am back to my old self again. I'm so happy and relief this works for me!