Doctor's Best, Best Acetyl-L-Carnitine , 500 mg, 120 Capsules

Brain power, Get Your Memory back!

Posted by Reviewer2925093 on Feb 04, 2011

Acetyl-LCarnitine can give you back your memory. I used to be so forgetful, to the point of it being scary. Now I take Doctor's Best A-L-C, one of my favorite brands, and Phosphatidylserine. Two very good memory boosters.

Quality and Purity first

Posted by Reviewer1205125 on Mar 12, 2008

If you are using a Chinese made product, you could be putting your health in danger. Doctor's Best is made without the D isomer that can cause cells to not function properly and possibly die. If you cannot find out the D isomer content of a product, or they won't tell you, then don't buy that brand of carnitine. Buy only products containing carnitine made by Sigma Tau or Lonza.

Good for daydreaming and verbal skills

Posted by bODYhACK3r on Oct 22, 2012

Odd but true! Did really well on exams and my fantasies (not sexual lol) become much more prolonged and clear.

Great for energy and sustainable weight loss

Posted by dav605 on Jun 30, 2012

I originally took this product because it was touted as a way to stay mentally sharp. What I have found is that taking one capsule a day has made me feel more energetic and more interested in exercise. I have lost about 50 pounds over the last 7 years, slowly and sustainably. I have slowly increased my weekly exercise and I credit Acetyl-L-Carnitine. It isn't a stimulant like caffeine. I just feel more alert and willing to exercise when I am taking it. I do find that if I increase my dose to 2 capsules a day, I start to feel anxious and jumpy, but not the way too much caffeine makes me jittery. I have recommended this supplement to others who have also slowly lost weight as a result of being motivated to exercise more and had the same success with their weight not returning. Losing weight slowly doesn't have the appeal of "shedding pounds" but for veteran dieters, the prospect of sustainable weight loss should be recognized as valuable.

Good brand/good results

Posted by Reviewer2193166 on Aug 30, 2010

I take this as part of my supplement regimen. I am not certain about specific effects, as I take so many different supplements. All I know is that I feel better than I've ever felt. I am 28 years old and recently went through a year of major trauma, yet I have energy, clarity of thought, and generally feel great.