Great price

Posted by Reviewer1201926 on May 20, 2008

A broad-acting and powerful antioxidant. I use it in conjunction with Acetyl-L-Carnitine.

Would recommend

Posted by Reviewer1589205 on Jan 05, 2008

My husband takes this. It helps keep blood sugar results steady.

Against aging

Posted by Reviewer2719377 on Dec 04, 2012

I used these capsules for years before I started to use stronger product. I really believe alpha lipoic acid reduce aging and that's why I use it every day. Great price and good quality.

OK, but why large caps with so much chemical filler?

Posted by 4616715287013331533 on Oct 01, 2014

With other brands available I would not choose this again, only because of Doctor's Best's use of a larger than necessary capsule that's packed full of non-nutritive filler to make up the space. I really, really hate - seriously hate - that so many supplement manufacturers do this! Especially for long-term multi-supplement users such as myself - i.e. their best customers - 'no filler' products are greatly appreciated. Alpha-lipoic acid is relatively heavy, so 150mg could be a tiny capsule.

Good for protecting liver from excess alcohol

Posted by Reviewer18018967 on Jun 25, 2012

Brilliant for liver detoxing, anti oxidant, hangovers. Take it together with NAC, CoQ10, ALCAR for best benefits. Can be taken with water soluble supplements as well as fat soluble ones. Very versatile!

Lives up to its name

Posted by Reviewer3174431 on Jan 23, 2011

Tried many other brands of ALA but this one is truly the most absorbable and I felt results within 2 days. I am taking ALA for the relief from peripheral neuropathy in my feet and this product really helped.

Doctors Best Alpha Lipoic ACID

Posted by Reviewer2328138 on Mar 26, 2009

I hope they help my cataract (along with other things).

Alpha Lipoic Acid

Posted by Reviewer2889350 on Dec 26, 2009

This is a great product to add to anyone's vitamin daily intake. It has helped my memory and my Mom's and it also helps grow normal cells in the body. It is highly beneficial to everyone, but especially middle aged and seniors. Thank you.

Important

Posted by Reviewer2989945 on Dec 28, 2009

This excellent product keeps me feeling and looking much younger than I am!

Does well to Detoxify my liver after a heavy workout!

Posted by MyPersonalReview on Feb 20, 2014

This is a must to have if you are a gym freak! It simply detoxify your live while you are lifting up the max weight you can. However, if you are only going for treadmill or stationary cycling, it is not needed as the intensity does not require you to "protect" your liver. Gave it to my Girlfried whom having thinning hair. I had tried NOW Biotin alone but it only helps to grow help at a faster time though Maxihair speed it faster than just using Now Biotin alone. And with this Added-on, It is a Best Combo to the MAX. Do click my username NOW!!!!!! and view my page in Iherb NOW!!!! to see ALL the reviews I have written of those purchased products I ordered in Iherb. ( It may takes days to months before I write the review as I need to try them thoroughly ensuring the preciseness and accurate experience taking in comparison to the thousands of page of research papers I have read which is the main reason leading me to buy the product from Iherb because simply, I want to contribute myself in this humanity world. ======================================================================================================= Click my nick ▲ at the top of this review (blue text) to visit my profile and learn more, thanks! ======================================================================================================= iHerb.com has become my favorite place to shop supplements, and I'm not alone, because iHerb has been named #1 online supplement store by ConsumerLab.com the last 6 years in a row! I've been using them for quite some time, and there have never been any problems whatsoever. For customers from outside USA (like me) I recommend the delivery option "Global Priority Mail by DHL". It is incredibly cheap at just 4$, and I always receive the goods here within 6-8 days. Please also note that chances are high that you will NOT pay any additional custom duties and taxes, when "Global Priority Mail by DHL" is used. ======================================================================================================= I spend a lot of time writing reviews, so if you found this one helpful, please let me know by clicking the “helpful”-button below the review. Also please click my nick ▲ at the top of this review (blue text) to visit my profile and learn more, thanks!