Doctor's Best, Best Astaxanthin, 180 Softgels

The single best supplement

Posted by RadekCZ From Czech Republic on Oct 28, 2011

Probably the single best supplement you can take. I was supplementing already with various stuff such as Omega-3, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, probiotics, creatine, Acetyl L-carnitine to mention some, but this one has an cutting edge over all the others. Since I supplement Astaxanthin (may be a month now), cca 6-8 pills/day, I´ve experienced way more energy in the gym or when going running, my adult acne is gone, I don´t need as much sleep as before to wake up and feel good and many other positive conditions that are just difficult to explain. So, If you can afford it - go for it.

BEWARE! The label of ingredients is not the same!

Posted by Reviewer1511999 From Sweden on Oct 17, 2013

The jar I got, says Astaxanthin AND the synthetic CASTAXANTHIN! Label differ on my jar and on the jar and description here. This is not shown at the label here, and not in the description! This is really BAD BAD BAD! BEWARE: Castaxanthin is NOT good, it's the BAD synthetic astaxanthin that amongst others, Dr. Mercola is warning about. ------> NOVEMBER 19, 2013 -REPLY From Doctor's Best: Dear Reviewer: Doctor’s Best Astaxanthin only contains Natural Astaxanthin which is a solvent-free extract from Haematococcus pluvialismicroalgae. No cantaxanthin exists in any Doctor’s Best product and cantaxanthin is not indicated on the label of any Doctor’s Best products.

Worth trying out

Posted by Reviewer2057749 From Finland on Aug 21, 2011

Having read about numerous beneficial effects of astaxanthin on health, I decided to give it a try and chose this product. After taking it for less than a month now, I have noticed that it has improved the health of my eyes, i.e. the slight diabetic retinopathy has become less disturbing. Shall definitely continue using this product.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Astaxanthin is one of the best supplements to take. Known as the king of carotenoids, it is a powerful antioxidant that can be readily enter the blood brain barrier to protect the brain and prevent neurodegenerative diseases, greatly increase athletic performance and stamina and shorten recovery time, increase eye vision and protect the eye from UV light, protect skin from sunburn (unusual benefits), anti inflammatory, halt cancer growth, improve immune system, never becomes pro-oxidant (even vitamin C can become oxidant), prevent cardiovascular diseases, alleviates carpal tunnel syndrome, joints pain, protects against UV light and others! Personally, the most felt effect is the improvement in athletic performance. I felt that I can tolerate the pain when running at fast constant speed for much longer distance. After exercising, the body is less likely to ache as well. Another important benefit is the prevention of sunburn. I have fair skin and tend to get sunburn easily. After taking Astaxanthin, I can last long hours under the sun without getting burn. Most people will need to take 2-3 softgels (8-12 mg daily) for maximum benefits. Astanxanthin used to be a lot cheaper before appearing on TV (Dr Oz). Prices have increased quite a lot but this isn’t too expensive. The softgel is made of gelatin (not for vegetarians), small and easy to swallow. Note that Astaxanthin inhibits nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is needed in body but can be harmful if produced in excess. It works as a vasodilator and it is important in men’s penile erections as well. I have tried dosing at 20mg daily and it does affect penile erection. I do not eliminate that the fact that this can be placebo which seems highly unlikely. Generally, it’s best to just stick to lower dosages. This used to be best value for mg but it does not seem to be the case now. Check out my page for more reviews!

Astaxanthin:

Posted by Reviewer3295730 From Washington on Aug 29, 2011

My jury is still out on this product. Originally, I researched & ordered another brand, responding to an infomercial. Coincidentally, I had medical symptoms which, if coupled with weight loss, could signal cancer. I was losing weight. Then I ran out of the product and then stopped losing weight. It took me some time to note that the worrisome weight loss might have coincided with the use of the product. As a test, I began using it, again, but but it is probably too soon to tell if weight loss will ensue. None yet, though. I chose this brand for it's price and ordered from IHerb.com because they always have given me great service.