• iHerb Note: Dr. Best uses Benfotiamine manufactured by Hamari of Japan. Click here to see a "sample"of a certificate of analysis
  • Reviews | English

Benfotiamine Review

Posted by Reviewer3169861 on Jan 28, 2009

Benfotiamine worked for me. I noticed effects within a few hours of taking it. My eyes felt stronger and did not tire easily when using the computer. I take two in the morning and two at night. I also have no more tingling in my hands, and my kidney seems to have stopped aching. I also compared your product and price with the same brand at Vitamin Shoppe and found out theirs was almost double the price!! Thanks for such a good product at a great price.

Mr Anthony Gregor

Posted by Reviewer1521647 on Feb 29, 2008

Hi,I am a diabetic of thirty years and have been suffering from neuoperthy for some time, with very painful feet. I have been taking Benfotiamine 150 mg 600 mg a day for about fifteen days and I can't quite believe the results, it's fantastic. I'm like a new man. They were delivered very quickly and without fuss. I have and will continue to recomend Doctors Best and iherb.com to everyone that I know . Thank you very much, cheers.

Benfotiamine has improved my quality of life

Posted by Reviewer2148702 on Jul 06, 2008

I have been suffering from peripheral neuoropathy since 2002 with my doctor prescribing toxic medicines which slightly assisted me in walking. When taking benfotiamine, after just 24 hours, the pain in both feet decreased significantly, and I can now walk again. I am now considering playing social tennis again. I am recommending this product to everyone I know, as it has performed a wonderful transformation for me.

Love It

Posted by Reviewer1270625 on Sep 24, 2008

I have chronic Lyme and I deal with dysautonomia and neuropathy. This product works great for both. I take 1 capsule twice a day. It may take a few weeks for it to kick in, but be patient. It is worth the wait.

For Diabetics

Posted by Reviewer2449405 on Jan 04, 2008

I am a Type II diabetic and have some diabetic neuropathy and diabetic retinopathy. I have been taking this product for over a year and I believe it has amelioraated and help prevent further complications. It works.

Terrific addition to a healty life

Posted by Reviewer2876889 on Apr 24, 2009

I have been taking Doctor's Best Benfotiamine capsules, 150 mg., veggie caps for about two months now and have seen remarkable improvement. This is an easy and inexpensive way to be more mobile and comfortable. After a few weeks, I am getting up in the morning without the stiffness I had experienced for several years. I really feel the difference this has made in my day to day life.

Burning Leg Pain

Posted by Reviewer2420678 on Sep 11, 2009

I have Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain that once was accompanied by consistent burning leg pain. I've spent the past five years experimenting and rehabilitating from the debilitating effects of the syndromes. I was finally able to discontinue taking benfotiamine after some time, due to finding a diet, supplement, and lifestyle balance which addressed many of my symptoms. Before that though, benfotiamine was the only ingested substance that curbed the burning pain all day, and for really bad days, using it, cold water soaks, and MSM lotion made the difference. I had originally done research and found that in Germany benfotiamine was often the first thing prescribed in diabetic neuropathy, so that's why I gave it a shot with my burning nerve pain. Several times I ran out and within 1 - 2 days my legs were on fire again, so it was quite obvious the benfotiamine made a big difference.

Best Benfotiamine

Posted by Reviewer2296909 on Aug 28, 2008

Excellent product for getting rid of brown spots.

Life saving!!

Posted by Kittyhearsawho on Aug 29, 2015

After having a terrible constellation of symptoms for months on end, including heart palpitations that took me numerous times to the hospital, I was diagnosed with a parasite called 'Blastocystis Hominis'. Once I knew what I was dealing with, I was on the road to recovery using a variety of supplements. However, it wasn't until I researched my heart symptoms further after one terrifying night, I found that parasites produce a form of alcohol as a bi-product. This alcohol has to be converted by the body, which requires thiamine. This process is continuous and can quickly deplete your thiamine. Exhausted thiamine levels can cause a multitude of problems, especially cardiovascular, which can ultimately be fatal. NOT ONCE, did a dr at a clinic or hospital check my b1 levels during any heart episode I had. It wasn't until I took this, that my heart started to settleā€¦.within half an hour!!! I take this twice a day every day now, and I am feeling normal for the first time in almost a year. I will never be without this. FYI - Other supplements I use are Saccharomyces Boullardi, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Lactoferrin and Wormwood/Black Walnut/Clove tincture.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2074934 on Mar 25, 2009

I have neuropathy and I do not have diabetes. The doctor told me since I did not have diabetes he was not sure how I developed it. I read alot of articles and someone suggested this product and it does help a great deal. I still have some problems but not as bad as they were. I take 3 caps in the morning and 2 at night and have been taking them for about 4 months. I really recommend your try them.