Doctor's Best, Best Digestive Enzymes, All Vegetarian, 90 Veggie Caps

Reviews 3-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Good Switch!

Posted by Reviewer2417979 on Jul 31, 2009

I have been using Digest Gold for awhile now. Doctor's Best has worked just as well for less.

Nothing to write home about

Posted by ManyChoices on Jul 13, 2012

I found these digestive enzymes to be adequate, but weak. No way could I find 90 servings; it required at least three capsules per meal for a noticeable effect. The vegetarian capsule explains my initially trying them. I think the probiotic insufficient and just added to be able to say so. When it comes to cauliflower, broccoli, and beans, this formula allows to much discomfort. Having tried many digestive enzymes, these rank in the middle of the pack.

Seems to work

Posted by Reviewer3046934 on Sep 23, 2011

It's so hard to compare enzymes when they sometimes choose to list their ingredient amounts in different units of measurement (FIPS us IU's). I think I might like the Digest Gold Ultra more...but not sure if that's just in my head or not. I do know that I've had a lot of gas recently, and a good enzyme should eliminate that. Thus that is the reason I'm grading these as I am. Some other enzyme formulas had much more of some ingredients and much less of others. It's very hard to do a line by line comparison of the ingredient listing but I have tried to. Just not sure I'm getting out of this brand what I need. The price is way less....and makes me think I may be getting less too, ingredient wise.

So-so

Posted by Reviewer1413231 on Mar 16, 2009

According to the reviews, I expected more of this product. Not much better than others for helping gas/heartburn/reflux.

Watch the Expiration Dates

Posted by Reviewer1523077 on Dec 26, 2007

I purchased this product in August and the bottle had an expiration date of Nov 2009. I then purchased in October and the Expiration date is Oct 2007. Unfortunately for me I didn't notice this until the August Bottle had run out just a few days ago and I was 4 or 5 capsules into the new bottle (I try to keep a supply of my most used supplements on hand). So while technically not "expired" it makes me wonder how much of this product is really being sold. It's my fault for not checking the bottles upon arrival. Another reason to go back to the local health food store as I hate throwing $20 in the toilet. As far ast he product quality goes it seems to work as well as any other that I have tried. I find for my own personal use that Wobenzym is equally effective for my needs although it is not specifically formulated as a digestive enzyme. <br> <br> <font color="#ff6600">Jan 2008 - iHerb Note about expiration date:</font></b>&nbsp; The expiration date of the product we have in stock is either 7/2010 or 9/2010. However, the way it is posted on the bottle is a bit confusing:&nbsp; 07 10 or 07 10.&nbsp; We have verified this information with Dr. Best.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »