• iHerb Note about expiration date: The expiration date on Doctor's Best products is written in this format: MM YY (Month Year)

• Customer Ratings

not a good choice for bloating, IBS and gas

Posted by Reviewer2835117 on May 20, 2010

i have used nearly most of this product to no avail. the product did NOT stop the gas nor the IBS related disorders. i would NOT recommend this to people who have compromised GI tracts.

Severe Reaction

Posted by Reviewer3125677 on Apr 30, 2010

Unfortunately these did not work for me & i had a very bad reaction to this product. Within an hour of taking the supplement as directed I had nausea. For the next 12 hours the nausea was extreme & progressed to vomiting. During this time I also experienced stomach pain which progressed to severe stomach cramping which resulted in hours in the toilet with explosive diarrhea. I was expecting some nausea and stomach pain due to the body adjusting etc however this was not a good experience as I have not felt that sick for a long time. I am too afraid to take this product again. I lost 1.5kg in a day and am still recovering from the toll it took on my body.

doesn't work for me;((

Posted by Reviewer2964917 on Mar 01, 2009

caused some really bad stomach pains, checked with doctor, who identified the ingredient PAPAIN as the culprit.

Bill

Posted by Reviewer1264275 on Apr 15, 2008

I don't believe the product was of any help, my wife and I both took the enzymes and found them to be very gassie, there fore we will not be finishing the product.

gave me very serious intestinal grief

Posted by Reviewer2940089 on Sep 16, 2008

These pills gave me very bad intestinal pain. Not recommended. I wonder if the new cheap prices from Doctor's Best means that there's been a big drop in quality. When the brand was new on the market, the quality seemed to be higher.

Papain and Bromelain

Posted by 5087096983794931895 on Jul 11, 2013

Some people are allergic to Papain and Bromelain. I had itchy skin at first which developed into skin hives and severe swelling under my skin. Some people should be very careful. It seems safe for most of the people. Iherb is a great company.

Does not work as effectively as the Trial bottle

Posted by Reviewer2692916 on Jan 10, 2012

I am not sure if anyone else noticed this, but the pill in the trial bottle is double the size as the pill in this one. The trial bottle ones worked amazingly for me, this one does absolutely nothing. I bought two of these bottles and am pretty upset since i feel misled which is why i am giving this a 0 star.

MRM Digest All are 1000 times better

Posted by Reviewer1278476 on Apr 15, 2013

These are not effective at all. MRM makes a very good quality enzyme.

Did not help that much

Posted by 4863148451350813343 on Apr 18, 2015

Taking one cap with heavy meal did not solve my IBS problems and I was quite disappointed after having read so many superlative reviews. I am not ready as other reviewers to take several caps of a same product with each meal as I am afraid that repetitive heavy use might have side effects on the long range. I am trying now different products together (including that one) hoping that a synergistic effect will be more effective. And so far it seems to work. Bottom line: this product by itself is... ineffective for me.

May be good, but did not work for me.

Posted by Reviewer1414827 on Nov 13, 2013

I've tried no less than 12 different digestive enzyme complexes for my digestive issues and this one did not work, either. I have type-1 diabetes, Hashimoto's hypothyroid, and IBS/lymphocytic colitis, so I need digestive enzymes to help absorb nutrients properly. As it turns out, Vitamin Shoppe's basic digestive enzyme works best for me. When I take it, I have no issues with gas, bloating, or diarrhea. After switching to the Doctor's Best digestive enzyme, all those issues came right back within a day.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »