• iHerb Note about expiration date: The expiration date on Doctor's Best products is written in this format: MM YY (Month Year)

• Customer Ratings

Did not help that much

Posted by 4863148451350813343 on Apr 18, 2015

Taking one cap with heavy meal did not solve my IBS problems and I was quite disappointed after having read so many superlative reviews. I am not ready as other reviewers to take several caps of a same product with each meal as I am afraid that repetitive heavy use might have side effects on the long range. I am trying now different products together (including that one) hoping that a synergistic effect will be more effective. And so far it seems to work. Bottom line: this product by itself is... ineffective for me.

A big dissapointment

Posted by 5696753077411371470 on Aug 31, 2014

I'm having digestion problems (Dyspepsia and GERD) and I was advised to take digestive enzymes. I tried some digestive enzymes supplement from the local pharmacy and it did improve my digestion, but the effect was mild. As this product "Best Digestive Enzymes" consists of wide spectrum of enzymes with high potency (it was written in the product description) it looked to me very promising and I ordered it from iherb. I'm using it for more than 4 weeks according to the suggested use instructions. Surprisingly I don't feel any improvement in symptoms, even not the slightest. I contacted the producer to ask for advise but they couldn't offer any. I read here that a lot of people benefited from this product so it could be that I got a damaged product... or maybe during the shipping the product was exposed to some extreme conditions (like heat or radiation) that damaged the activity of the formula.

Did not see any improvement

Posted by AReviewer on Jun 20, 2014

I have gallbladder issues and issues with GERD, so I have digestive issues. I really love the brand Doctor's Best, but for me these digestive enzymes did not give me any relief from my digestive symptoms.

May be good, but did not work for me.

Posted by Reviewer1414827 on Nov 13, 2013

I've tried no less than 12 different digestive enzyme complexes for my digestive issues and this one did not work, either. I have type-1 diabetes, Hashimoto's hypothyroid, and IBS/lymphocytic colitis, so I need digestive enzymes to help absorb nutrients properly. As it turns out, Vitamin Shoppe's basic digestive enzyme works best for me. When I take it, I have no issues with gas, bloating, or diarrhea. After switching to the Doctor's Best digestive enzyme, all those issues came right back within a day.

Meh ...

Posted by Reviewer3045797 on Sep 03, 2013

I keep trying to find something that will replace the best vegan digestive enzymes I ever had but they quit making (Nature's Sunshine brand.) These are not it. I see NO improvement with these. They do NOTHING. I use Solgar Vege digest at 4x the recommended dose. That's the best I've found so far.

Papain and Bromelain

Posted by 5087096983794931895 on Jul 11, 2013

Some people are allergic to Papain and Bromelain. I had itchy skin at first which developed into skin hives and severe swelling under my skin. Some people should be very careful. It seems safe for most of the people. Iherb is a great company.

MRM Digest All are 1000 times better

Posted by Reviewer1278476 on Apr 15, 2013

These are not effective at all. MRM makes a very good quality enzyme.

Does not work as effectively as the Trial bottle

Posted by Reviewer2692916 on Jan 10, 2012

I am not sure if anyone else noticed this, but the pill in the trial bottle is double the size as the pill in this one. The trial bottle ones worked amazingly for me, this one does absolutely nothing. I bought two of these bottles and am pretty upset since i feel misled which is why i am giving this a 0 star.

not a good choice for bloating, IBS and gas

Posted by Reviewer2835117 on May 20, 2010

i have used nearly most of this product to no avail. the product did NOT stop the gas nor the IBS related disorders. i would NOT recommend this to people who have compromised GI tracts.

Severe Reaction

Posted by Reviewer3125677 on Apr 30, 2010

Unfortunately these did not work for me & i had a very bad reaction to this product. Within an hour of taking the supplement as directed I had nausea. For the next 12 hours the nausea was extreme & progressed to vomiting. During this time I also experienced stomach pain which progressed to severe stomach cramping which resulted in hours in the toilet with explosive diarrhea. I was expecting some nausea and stomach pain due to the body adjusting etc however this was not a good experience as I have not felt that sick for a long time. I am too afraid to take this product again. I lost 1.5kg in a day and am still recovering from the toll it took on my body.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »