• iHerb Note about expiration date: The expiration date on Doctor's Best products is written in this format: MM YY (Month Year)

• Reviews | English

Doctor's Best Digestive Enzymes

Posted by Reviewer2572178 on Apr 16, 2009

Not really sure how to rate this. I had an allergic reaction to these enzymes. Broke out in horrible hives and had a stomache ache. Guess they are not for me. I have no problems with NOW Foods Super Enzymes. Just thought I would try something different.

Doctor's Best Enzymes

Posted by Reviewer1374199 on Feb 04, 2010

Too strong for my stomach, my allergy symptoms from leaky gut flared up badly until I stopped it.

Not for me

Posted by Reviewer2605937 on Jan 09, 2008

I hate to be the one that this did not work for, but I found digest gold to be a far superior product than this one for me. I tried this one based on the excellent reviews and little better price, but it only upset my stomach. I still had some digest gold which I had to take to make things better. I am glad it has worked so well for others.

It's alright, but not fantastic

Posted by Reviewer2131260 on Mar 21, 2011

They don't really seem to work all that well.

Not my favourite :(

Posted by Reviewer1536148 on Apr 15, 2013

To be honest, I did not find these digestive enzymes that great. I felt as though they didn't do anything to help my Ulcerative Colitis :( I have found better ones since.

Appeared to have the opposite effect - perhaps the probiotic?

Posted by 4616715287013331533 on Jun 18, 2016

On first taking these I wasn't sure how effective they were. Then I tested them on a known challenging meal for me (steel cut oats). The results were not good - the expected digestive discomfort plus some rather extreme and unexpected gas. It's very puzzling, because the labelled ingredients appear excellent and superior to most other brands side-by-side. But that's moot if they don't work for some reason. I wonder if something has gone wrong in production to inactivate these enzymes? Or could it be the Bacillus subtilis probiotic that's included in this formula? Historically I have reacted badly (gaseously) to concentrated artificial probiotics, so maybe that's it. I was in two minds about buying this brand because of that ingredient; I really don't want to be taking a probiotic every time I need enzyme support. But I read up on it and it seemed OK. Well... By contrast, I had none of this trouble, and found marked digestive benefits, from an old bottle of Source Naturals Daily Essential Enzymes that has a far more ordinary ingredients label. I'm really not sure what to make of this. How can enzymes ever *not work*??? Unless they are somehow not active. Or is the probiotic is so aggravating that the enzymes cannot counter its effects?

Ok but not great

Posted by Reviewer2843751 on May 07, 2009

This product is probably fine, but not suited that well to my particular digestive needs.

Did not work for me.

Posted by Reviewer1687596 on Jun 28, 2009

I did not feel so good after I took these. Just papaya works better for me.

not very effective

Posted by Reviewer1374089 on Sep 18, 2009

I have used other digestive enzymes in the past. Others were much more effective than these. I always feel bloated after eating which was relieved in the past using others. I didn't think I needed to take them all the time so i finished the bottle and never wrote down which ones I took. I figured I would try these because the were vegetarian caps and a more natural approach. I am disappointed in this purchase. I still feel bloated after taking these all the time, doesn't matter if I eat portion controlled meals or not. Still feel bloated. I do not recommend these.

Nothing special

Posted by ataarta on Sep 25, 2016

I can’t tell much about these digestive enzymes as I bought these caps for my husband. He says that they are OK, but nothing special. I think we won’t be buying these in the future.