• iHerb Note about expiration date: The expiration date on Doctor's Best products is written in this format: MM YY (Month Year)

• Customer Ratings

Doctor's best Digestive Enzymes

Posted by Reviewer1250334 on Aug 31, 2012

I have been using Enzymedia Digest Gold for years, however due to the high cost, and after reading the reviews of Doctor's Best, I decided to give it a try and think it works just as good as Diigest Gold for far less in cost.

Digestive Health

Posted by HealthForAll on Jun 06, 2012

If you experience gas or excessive digestive disturbance after eating, give these a try. Our foods are lacking in naturally occurring enzymes due to modern conventional farming methods, and our bodies produce less enzymes as we age - so most of us need to supplement with digestive enzymes. I've tried many different brands, and I always come back to this one. I've also bought these at vitacost.com, as the price there is several dollars lower. As a bonus, these do not contain magnesium stearate or other excipients.

Better than other brands

Posted by Reviewer1812830 on Dec 06, 2009

I previously used Now Super Enzymes product and it did not help with my acid reflux. However, this product in conjuction with organic apple cider vinegar... I'm cured! Seriously, I've had some TERRIBLE acid reflux, burping up undigested food and acid after every meal --- now it's all gone!

Enzyme action

Posted by Reviewer1360506 on Jul 15, 2010

After having my gallbladder removed, I am a firm believer in helping my digestive system with appropriate enzymes. Good product.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1748200 on Nov 10, 2010

Very gentle and high quality digestive enzyme. Includes probiotics. But I use digest basic or digest gold with GoL Ultra Defense, because Ultra Defense gives me all the probiotics needed. But some ppl. cant handle the Enzymedica products so this fits them better. Recommended.

Good potency

Posted by Reviewer1634009 on Oct 04, 2010

I've tried many digestive enzymes. These seemed to have the highest potency for the dollar amount.

So-so

Posted by Reviewer1413231 on Mar 16, 2009

According to the reviews, I expected more of this product. Not much better than others for helping gas/heartburn/reflux.

Watch the Expiration Dates

Posted by Reviewer1523077 on Dec 26, 2007

I purchased this product in August and the bottle had an expiration date of Nov 2009. I then purchased in October and the Expiration date is Oct 2007. Unfortunately for me I didn't notice this until the August Bottle had run out just a few days ago and I was 4 or 5 capsules into the new bottle (I try to keep a supply of my most used supplements on hand). So while technically not "expired" it makes me wonder how much of this product is really being sold. It's my fault for not checking the bottles upon arrival. Another reason to go back to the local health food store as I hate throwing $20 in the toilet. As far ast he product quality goes it seems to work as well as any other that I have tried. I find for my own personal use that Wobenzym is equally effective for my needs although it is not specifically formulated as a digestive enzyme. <br> <br> <font color="#ff6600">Jan 2008 - iHerb Note about expiration date:</font></b>&nbsp; The expiration date of the product we have in stock is either 7/2010 or 9/2010. However, the way it is posted on the bottle is a bit confusing:&nbsp; 07 10 or 07 10.&nbsp; We have verified this information with Dr. Best.

Enzymes

Posted by Reviewer1104535 on Nov 23, 2007

More potent at a better price than my previous brand

Better deal

Posted by Reviewer2801761 on Jun 26, 2007

Higher in many enzymes and includes bacillus subtillis at 1 billion cfu.