New To iHerb?

Doctor's Best, Best Folate, Fully Active, Featuring Quatrefolic, 400 mcg, 90 Veggie Caps

Reviews 5-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Excellent Product - Excellent Value

Posted by NBPT100 on May 09, 2013

There are other well written review here on this product and I concur that this product is a very economical way to get the methyl form of folate. As explained by others, some people have difficulty with the methylation process and hence do better by taking the methyl form of folate. I have found that when I take this it gives my mood a boost. I have added this in addition to my regular B-complex which contains 400 mcg of folic acid. This way I ensure I am getting enough as I may not be converting all of the folic acid to a useful form. It is safe to take up to 800 mcg of folate per day. Folate is also needed to absorb vitamin B-12. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my iHerb home page and read my other value added reviews. Peace and have good health.

Fantastic! The best methylfolate!

Posted by Reviewer3343479 on Oct 15, 2011

Fantastic! The best methylfolate! I find it to vastly superior to Metafolin products (all others are Metafolin, the Merck-patented version). It is way more effective and causes no stomach distress.

Free of nasty fillers

Posted by Reviewer3307313 on Jul 04, 2013

I can't take Solar's methylfolate because of its nasty fillers. I've taken both this one and Jarrow's methylfolate, as they both have the same active ingredient, but this one has rice in it, and Jarrow has cellulose. Neither is as bad as mannitol and others. However Drs Best is a much better deal over Jarrow. I buy both because one of us can't tolerate rice.

Take it for homocysteine.

Posted by Romero on Dec 20, 2012

I take this for homocysteine. I believe it's working.

For future pregnancy

Posted by Reviewer2369140 on Nov 18, 2011

I am going to be pregnant and I think that this Folate is good for my health

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »