| English
| USD ($)

Doctor's Best, Best L-Carnitine Fumarate, 855 mg, 180 Veggie Caps

Don't take if you have thyroid problems!

Posted by Reviewer2002330 on Nov 08, 2012

I didn't do enough research before buying this product. My thyroid gland whas been removed, so I'm taking thyroid hormone replacement meds, and according to some sources, which I found only afterwards (there wasn't any mention of it in the product info), L-carnitine interferes with thyroid hormones. If you have hyperthyroidism, you can take it, but if hypothyroidism or hormone replacement for other reasons, don't take it. Also, the pills are pretty big and thus hard to swallow without food. It's difficult to rate since I only took it a couple of times before realising I shouldn't take it.

Doctor's Best

Posted by Reviewer2365100 on Dec 15, 2008

I have had open heart surgery twice in the past 20 years. I have done some research and advice from my Doctor. I take the L-Carnitne, D-Ribose, Magnesium and Co-Q10 daily. This combination helps with the ATP function of the cells in the body. I was having irregular heartbearts but since being on this combination my heart beats fine and my last thallium stress test showed inprovement from a year ago. Before taking these talk to your Doctor and let him/her know what you would like to try. iHerb has the best prices I can find and service that is second to none.

This product works

Posted by Reviewer2646254 on Apr 18, 2008

taking in conjuction with Cha de Bugre. seems to rev up my metabolism. Lost 8 lbs since 4/1/08 along with sensible diet and exercise 3x/week. it's not magic but it's assistinf with all I'm doing. will continue to use until I get to goal weight

Very effective!

Posted by Reviewer1870531 on Aug 15, 2009

I have a lot more energy when taking these, very effective!

Best service on internet, best products

Posted by Reviewer3139820 on Feb 15, 2011

I use L-Carnitine with every meal i eat.carnitine converts,body fat in to suger energy.keps me fit and trim. Al