• Doctor's Best uses pharmaceutical-grade carnitine fumarate, manufactured by Sigma-Tau of Italy.
    Special Pricing for a Limited Time!

• Reviews | English

l-carnitine for enlarged thyroid

Posted by Reviewer3320432 on Mar 12, 2007

Works great for reducing the size of your thyroid 1000mg to 1500mg every day. Has an added bonus of reducing lipids in blood and increasing muscle tone. GREAT PRODUCT!!

Best L-Carnitine: side effects

Posted by Reviewer2631717 on Feb 11, 2015

I ordered this, as it is supposed to help burn fat, so that would mean less exercise right? Well what a shock when I saw Dr. Oz's report on it. He had a research doctor and heart specialist on his show that explained in detail how L-Carnitine is changed inside the intestines to a substance that clogs arteries and blood vessels and causes strokes and heart attacks. Dr Oz warned intensely against taking this as a supplement! I ordered 2 of these, but because I opened them, I was told they are not returnable.... my loss. Latest is that the manufacturers are onto Dr Oz: they counter his expert by saying that Carnitine is alright if you don't consume huge amounts of red meat such as steaks, roasts and hamburgers.

Doctor's Best Best L-Carnitine Fumarate 855 mg.

Posted by Reviewer2694564 on Nov 10, 2008

I have CFS. Years ago, I was told to start taking L-carnitine, but I couldn't afford it. Thanks to the amazing price for this product, I was able to buy enough to take 4-6 gms/day for the next 6 months. I've been taking it for less than a month, but I think it's helping increase my energy. I'll update after 8 weeks. Thanks i-herb for making it possible for me to finally see if this helps.

Great

Posted by Reviewer2085318 on Jan 17, 2012

Love, Love, love this product. Really think it keeps the weight off. Won't go a day without it.

Great value; BE ADVISED

Posted by Reviewer1747652 on Jan 30, 2008

This is a great product. Remember, however, carnitine salts like this are different form acetyl forms. So do your research and make sure you are getting the one you want. Thanks IHERB

not helpful to me

Posted by Reviewer2302376 on May 21, 2012

I've been using D-Ribose, CoQ10 Gels and L-Carnitine together. They apparently lower a person's blood sugar and blood pressure. In stead of more energy, I was so tired that I had to take a nap after taking them. Now I take them in the evenings, not sure if they make any difference. It's a huge disappointment because I was really looking forward to extra energy and losing weight.

excellent

Posted by Reviewer1024194 on Jan 25, 2012

This is part of the Linus Pauling Heart protocol that got me off the prescription drugs that were killing me. Got my life back.

Good!

Posted by Reviewer2798035 on Dec 06, 2010

No stomach problems and it seems to help with feeling of well being and stress management!

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2617520 on Dec 19, 2007

I definately feel more energy when I use this before working out. I take 3 with 6 taps of Pyruvate...

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer2707637 on May 05, 2009

Excellent product for burning fat and increasing energy! Great Product!