• Doctor's Best uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of Tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Customer Ratings

Sleeping Better

Posted by Reviewer1689194 on Oct 17, 2007

Since I increased my intake of Tryptophan to two caps at night, I've been feeling noticeably better and more energetic during the day!

Super Product!

Posted by Reviewer1139707 on Jul 06, 2008

After struggling for years with insomnia, I can't believe how well I sleep when I take this along with Melatonin. Now, I did read that Niacin and B-6 help the body assimilate the tryptophan, so I've been also taking one capsule of "True Calm". However, recently, I found that iHerb also carries this brand of tryptophan with the niacin and B-6 already included, so I am planning to try that.

Better than sleeping pills.

Posted by Reviewer2176359 on Nov 27, 2007

Better than sleeping pills in helping me get to sleep. Don't leave me feeling groggy, even if I take them at 5 a.m. for another couple of hours sleep.

Sleep Improvement

Posted by Reviewer3183324 on Nov 25, 2007

At age 51, I have had trouble sleeping. I tried taking two of the L-Tryptophans and they worked like a charm. No hangover just solid sleep! Yehaa!

great

Posted by Reviewer3322722 on Nov 16, 2007

My wife has fibromyalgia. Works really well for sleep and calms the nerves.

l-tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer2393882 on Jul 01, 2008

I've had trouble sleeping for 35 years. Adding l-tryptophan to the melatonin that I take has enabled me to sleep well every night.

Great Stuff !!!

Posted by Reviewer1217176 on Jan 23, 2009

When I can't get to sleep I pop one or two of these guys and it's off to dream land. Try it, you won't be sorry. They are safe and very effective with absolutely no side effects.

Perfectly Pure

Posted by Reviewer1946200 on Jan 24, 2007

This is the exact pharmaceutical quality product as was available only by prescription after the "tryptophan scare," and MUCH less expensive.

Great for Anxiety & Sleep!

Posted by Reviewer3065769 on Oct 17, 2006

It works best when taken on an empty stomach. I bought it for sleep - which it does work for - however I was surprised to find that it also works really well for anxiety :)

Myoclonus relief

Posted by Reviewer3282504 on Dec 03, 2006

This is an effective substitute for treating my son's myoclonic jumps versus using a drug such as clonazepam.