• Doctor's Best uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of Tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Customer Ratings

helps to improve quality of sleep

Posted by LoseBodyFatBuildMuscle on Apr 22, 2013

Now at half the bottle. I experience a deeper state of sleep after taking 2 of these before bedtime. (I take more care not to take any caffeinelike products at late afternoons/evenings since I discovered this interrupts sleep many hours after coffee's.) Does not causes any suffiness as with sleeping prescriptions. Like the fast delivery and low prices with Iherb.

Great for helping me fall asleep

Posted by Reviewer1645968 on Nov 11, 2012

I'm trying many supplements to help me sleep; so far L-tryptophan the most helpful for me; I use it with melatonin.

Opposite effect

Posted by Reviewer1333305 on Sep 01, 2012

It's been awhile since I've taken the time to write a review, but I had to for this. I ordered this as a freebie to an order and have taken it 2 nights in a row after running out of my melatonin (Source Naturals 2.5 mg peppermint). It's now 4:00 am and I just unloaded the dishwasher! Not helping with sleep whatsoever, in fact it was hard to even fall asleep which I normally don't have a problem with, and I will not be taking these again (I thought maybe last night not sleeping was a fluke and decided to give them a 2nd chance). Can't wait for my melatonin to arrive!!

Calming for dogs -------- good stress reliever

Posted by coconut on Jun 25, 2012

My dog is easily upset and scared of thunderstorms. I don't like medicating him so after some research I tried this. He is more calm and I feel better that this is more natural than the meds his vet gave him. I also have had relief from stressors such as work. I can take it at work and not have to worry about presciptions. It won't make you drowsy. Just less stress and better able to cope. Take on an empty stomach for best results!

Energize!

Posted by Reviewer2458871 on May 25, 2012

Love that it is an all natural product. Just be sure to do compatibility checks with any meds or other supplements that you already take, as you can overdo and suffer with seratonin syndrome, a very frightening and possible fatal syndrome. Be, especially, wary if you are taking SSRI antidepressants.

the FOG is lifting...

Posted by sincerelysarah on May 15, 2012

NI'm taking this within the following combination:Doctor's Best Best L-Tryptophan-500 mg, Now Foods-L-Tyrosine-500 mg. and Now Foods 5-HTP-100 mg. I found that I MUST take them before bed, but I do seem to sleep very well with them. What I noticed in the last couple weeks is that I am more perceptive, alert and decisive than usual. I feel like I'm coming out of the "FOG" so-to-say.ow Foods, L-Tyrosine, 500 mg, 120 Capsules

some help

Posted by Reviewer3219673 on Apr 22, 2012

Moderate help with minorsleep problems.

A life saver!

Posted by Reviewer2990647 on Apr 15, 2012

I had been many different medications over the years for anxiety, bipolar & sleep disorders but always continued to have some symptoms with TONS of side effects. 3 yrs ago I tried Doctors Best L-tryptophan and it changed my life! I combine it with St. Johns Wort and get in my Omega 3s and a good multivitimin. The best part is, NO SIDE EFFECTS!!!! Doctors Best has the 'best' products on the market!

Very good!

Posted by Reviewer1524137 on Mar 07, 2012

This supliment is very good! I can get comfortable sleep when I take this supplement before sleeping.

L-Tryptophan

Posted by wendybrown on Feb 14, 2012

This is really good stuff especially if you're having a hard time falling asleep.