• Doctor's Best uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of Tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Customer Ratings

Talk to your Doctor First

Posted by Reviewer1857681 on Feb 14, 2010

The first few days I took the tryptophan, it helped me sleep deeper. After that I began to experience some side effects such as racing heart and some kind of perception change that is difficult to describe - just feeling detached from reality. Both were quite unsettling. Definitely see your Doctor before you start this, and make sure you monitor the side effects with your Doctor.

This stuff rocks!

Posted by Reviewer2308213 on Jun 19, 2009

I take two every night before I go to sleep. It helps me to sleep and feel relaxed the next day. It is the only natural product that consistently gives me that "feeling of well-being." I really like this and recommend it. It is so much less expensive here on iherb than at my local health food store. It has also helped with depression and anxiety.

Top quality Tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer2193776 on Nov 24, 2007

I just switched a week ago to this tryptophan from another brand...and I'm feeling better. That could be many factors (this isn't exactly a double-blind study) but I am convinced this is one of the better quality products out there. I will buy again.

zzzzzzzzzz!

Posted by Reviewer2648100 on Mar 13, 2008

Always on hand, always works well. Sleep like a baby, very nice. No after effects.

works wonders

Posted by Reviewer2807130 on Aug 07, 2009

wonderful stuff use 1000mg of it with calcium/mag for sleep and for depression.Was able to reduce the amount of SRI pharmaceutical I was taking by half!No joke.

Excelente Produto

Posted by 4645022619282576315 on Mar 27, 2015

O produto é de excelente qualidade e preço. A entrega demora um pouco devido aos tramites no Brasil, mas chegou bem embalado.

Fantastic Product!

Posted by Reviewer2116758 on Apr 26, 2009

Helps me sleep through the night and improves my overall mood.

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer2057592 on May 01, 2009

I take 2 capsules 30 minutes before going to bed for insomnia. This brand works very well for me.

Mrs. Mary Murphy

Posted by Reviewer3182088 on Feb 08, 2009

I have trouble sleeping due to a stroke and this product is great. I would recommend it to anyone who has trouble sleeping. I like the Doctor's Best in what I buy. Thanks

Good product.

Posted by Reviewer2549269 on Mar 11, 2008

So glad we can get L-Tryptophan again. Great as a sleep aid.