• Doctor's Best uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of Tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Reviews | English

Mrs. Mary Murphy

Posted by Reviewer3182088 on Feb 08, 2009

I have trouble sleeping due to a stroke and this product is great. I would recommend it to anyone who has trouble sleeping. I like the Doctor's Best in what I buy. Thanks

Good product.

Posted by Reviewer2549269 on Mar 11, 2008

So glad we can get L-Tryptophan again. Great as a sleep aid.

A HELPFUL PRODUCT

Posted by Reviewer2867013 on Oct 17, 2008

These capsules help me to sleep and, if anything, they help my wife even more. I am also noticing a mild elevation of my mood. I am very satisfied with this product. Thank you, Joe

Excellent L-Tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer1625105 on Sep 22, 2008

This is a great brand for L-tryptophan -- I've tried several brands and this is excellent for the price.

Exceptional product

Posted by Reviewer3271529 on Dec 03, 2007

I began to see noticeable results in about 1 week. It doesn't work miracles but I was less agitated within my day. The tryptoPure in the product, I believe, makes the difference.

Like night and day

Posted by 5460024890231655683 on Aug 05, 2016

I have used this product for over two years now for chronic fatigue symptoms caused by IBS. A true game changer for me!! I take them with C-vitamin (important!) before bedtime and wake up feeling energized. Awesome product!

So glad to find in the US again

Posted by Reviewer1358304 on Apr 09, 2009

I bought this plain L-Tryptophan and True Calm at iherb. It is the same combination I had in one product before it became illegal in 1989 in the US. I have discovered since buying these 2 products that Doctor's Best also makes L-tryptophan Enhanced with all ingredients of the 2 items I just got. I will buy that from now on. The combo puts a smile on my face and positive thoughts in my clear head. I love it for life!

Thought it would help me sleep -- it seemed to keep me awake!

Posted by DAB598 on Oct 10, 2011

Probably won't be re-ordering this one..

Opposite effect

Posted by Reviewer1333305 on Sep 01, 2012

It's been awhile since I've taken the time to write a review, but I had to for this. I ordered this as a freebie to an order and have taken it 2 nights in a row after running out of my melatonin (Source Naturals 2.5 mg peppermint). It's now 4:00 am and I just unloaded the dishwasher! Not helping with sleep whatsoever, in fact it was hard to even fall asleep which I normally don't have a problem with, and I will not be taking these again (I thought maybe last night not sleeping was a fluke and decided to give them a 2nd chance). Can't wait for my melatonin to arrive!!

It does work, but a low protein diet is needed for it

Posted by Reviewer3011057 on Sep 20, 2008

The product from Doctor's Best seems to be of a very good quality. But talking about the L-Tryptophan, it needs a very low protein diet to work (amino acids "compete" for passage through the blood-brain barrier - BBB). As my protein intake is high and I don't suffer of any kind of depression, I don't know if it's worth changing my eating habits for it. I just have a small sleep disturb... But as the majority of people don't eat a high protein diet, it will work fine for mood, sleep, depression, appetite and immune system.