• Doctor's Best uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of Tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Customer Ratings

Good product.

Posted by Reviewer2549269 on Mar 11, 2008

So glad we can get L-Tryptophan again. Great as a sleep aid.

A HELPFUL PRODUCT

Posted by Reviewer2867013 on Oct 17, 2008

These capsules help me to sleep and, if anything, they help my wife even more. I am also noticing a mild elevation of my mood. I am very satisfied with this product. Thank you, Joe

Excellent L-Tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer1625105 on Sep 22, 2008

This is a great brand for L-tryptophan -- I've tried several brands and this is excellent for the price.

VERY HAPPY

Posted by Reviewer1296428 on Mar 27, 2007

I bought this for my 19 year old daughter who suffers from anxiety, and does not want to be on meds, it does help her to sleep better at night.

Exceptional product

Posted by Reviewer3271529 on Dec 03, 2007

I began to see noticeable results in about 1 week. It doesn't work miracles but I was less agitated within my day. The tryptoPure in the product, I believe, makes the difference.

So glad to find in the US again

Posted by Reviewer1358304 on Apr 09, 2009

I bought this plain L-Tryptophan and True Calm at iherb. It is the same combination I had in one product before it became illegal in 1989 in the US. I have discovered since buying these 2 products that Doctor's Best also makes L-tryptophan Enhanced with all ingredients of the 2 items I just got. I will buy that from now on. The combo puts a smile on my face and positive thoughts in my clear head. I love it for life!

Thought it would help me sleep -- it seemed to keep me awake!

Posted by DAB598 on Oct 10, 2011

Probably won't be re-ordering this one..

Opposite effect

Posted by Reviewer1333305 on Sep 01, 2012

It's been awhile since I've taken the time to write a review, but I had to for this. I ordered this as a freebie to an order and have taken it 2 nights in a row after running out of my melatonin (Source Naturals 2.5 mg peppermint). It's now 4:00 am and I just unloaded the dishwasher! Not helping with sleep whatsoever, in fact it was hard to even fall asleep which I normally don't have a problem with, and I will not be taking these again (I thought maybe last night not sleeping was a fluke and decided to give them a 2nd chance). Can't wait for my melatonin to arrive!!

It does work, but a low protein diet is needed for it

Posted by Reviewer3011057 on Sep 20, 2008

The product from Doctor's Best seems to be of a very good quality. But talking about the L-Tryptophan, it needs a very low protein diet to work (amino acids "compete" for passage through the blood-brain barrier - BBB). As my protein intake is high and I don't suffer of any kind of depression, I don't know if it's worth changing my eating habits for it. I just have a small sleep disturb... But as the majority of people don't eat a high protein diet, it will work fine for mood, sleep, depression, appetite and immune system.

fbl

Posted by Reviewer2558795 on Jul 04, 2008

This really helps my hubby sleep at night.