• Doctor's Best uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of Tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Reviews | English

So glad to find in the US again

Posted by Reviewer1358304 on Apr 09, 2009

I bought this plain L-Tryptophan and True Calm at iherb. It is the same combination I had in one product before it became illegal in 1989 in the US. I have discovered since buying these 2 products that Doctor's Best also makes L-tryptophan Enhanced with all ingredients of the 2 items I just got. I will buy that from now on. The combo puts a smile on my face and positive thoughts in my clear head. I love it for life!

Thought it would help me sleep -- it seemed to keep me awake!

Posted by DAB598 on Oct 10, 2011

Probably won't be re-ordering this one..

Opposite effect

Posted by Reviewer1333305 on Sep 01, 2012

It's been awhile since I've taken the time to write a review, but I had to for this. I ordered this as a freebie to an order and have taken it 2 nights in a row after running out of my melatonin (Source Naturals 2.5 mg peppermint). It's now 4:00 am and I just unloaded the dishwasher! Not helping with sleep whatsoever, in fact it was hard to even fall asleep which I normally don't have a problem with, and I will not be taking these again (I thought maybe last night not sleeping was a fluke and decided to give them a 2nd chance). Can't wait for my melatonin to arrive!!

It does work, but a low protein diet is needed for it

Posted by Reviewer3011057 on Sep 20, 2008

The product from Doctor's Best seems to be of a very good quality. But talking about the L-Tryptophan, it needs a very low protein diet to work (amino acids "compete" for passage through the blood-brain barrier - BBB). As my protein intake is high and I don't suffer of any kind of depression, I don't know if it's worth changing my eating habits for it. I just have a small sleep disturb... But as the majority of people don't eat a high protein diet, it will work fine for mood, sleep, depression, appetite and immune system.

Tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer1901077 on Feb 08, 2011

Thank you for the very fast postage. I will be purchasing these again. Wonderful sleep aid. Thank you

Quality L-tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer1908266 on Jun 18, 2010

I tried this after reading some reviews suggesting that for those people this version of tryptophan worked a little better. I think for me, which version to use is a wash. I can't tell the difference. But I remain impressed by the quality of Doctor's Best supplements.

review

Posted by Reviewer1915001 on Aug 02, 2008

My second order from iherb. Both orders have been received very fast. By far the best price and excellent service. Thanks. Veronica Branton

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer1694974 on Jul 28, 2010

Works as described

great price, high quality

Posted by Reviewer1780837 on Oct 30, 2007

great price, high quality.

Great for helping me fall asleep

Posted by Reviewer1645968 on Nov 11, 2012

I'm trying many supplements to help me sleep; so far L-tryptophan the most helpful for me; I use it with melatonin.