• Doctor's Best uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of Tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Reviews | English

So glad to find in the US again

Posted by Reviewer1358304 on Apr 09, 2009

I bought this plain L-Tryptophan and True Calm at iherb. It is the same combination I had in one product before it became illegal in 1989 in the US. I have discovered since buying these 2 products that Doctor's Best also makes L-tryptophan Enhanced with all ingredients of the 2 items I just got. I will buy that from now on. The combo puts a smile on my face and positive thoughts in my clear head. I love it for life!

Thought it would help me sleep -- it seemed to keep me awake!

Posted by DAB598 on Oct 10, 2011

Probably won't be re-ordering this one..

Opposite effect

Posted by Reviewer1333305 on Sep 01, 2012

It's been awhile since I've taken the time to write a review, but I had to for this. I ordered this as a freebie to an order and have taken it 2 nights in a row after running out of my melatonin (Source Naturals 2.5 mg peppermint). It's now 4:00 am and I just unloaded the dishwasher! Not helping with sleep whatsoever, in fact it was hard to even fall asleep which I normally don't have a problem with, and I will not be taking these again (I thought maybe last night not sleeping was a fluke and decided to give them a 2nd chance). Can't wait for my melatonin to arrive!!

It does work, but a low protein diet is needed for it

Posted by Reviewer3011057 on Sep 20, 2008

The product from Doctor's Best seems to be of a very good quality. But talking about the L-Tryptophan, it needs a very low protein diet to work (amino acids "compete" for passage through the blood-brain barrier - BBB). As my protein intake is high and I don't suffer of any kind of depression, I don't know if it's worth changing my eating habits for it. I just have a small sleep disturb... But as the majority of people don't eat a high protein diet, it will work fine for mood, sleep, depression, appetite and immune system.

Tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer1901077 on Feb 08, 2011

Thank you for the very fast postage. I will be purchasing these again. Wonderful sleep aid. Thank you

effective sleep aid

Posted by Reviewer2381022 on Jan 21, 2010

Have used this product before and always get good results as a sleep aid. Would recommend to others.

Wonderful

Posted by Reviewer2198714 on Mar 14, 2011

This induces sleep within thirty minutes and I find if I do happen to wake in the middle of the night I have no trouble falling quickly back to sleep!

Tryptophan Benefits

Posted by Reviewer1949452 on Sep 28, 2011

Very good product,should defintately be sold worldwide. not many people seem to know about this, but most definately helps with the sleep process, and then with daytime activities to give you a much more positive outlook. Defintately will continue to use, as i much prefer the natural choice instead of doctors rx.

iHerb products

Posted by Reviewer3110547 on Oct 21, 2011

Good product, excellent price,quick delivery

Great sleep aid

Posted by Reviewer2595069 on Nov 03, 2011

Use it as a sleep aid when I am over tired or restless. Helps with restless legs too. And you don't wake up groggy.