• Doctor's Best uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of Tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Reviews | English

Helps with sleep

Posted by Reviewer2953495 on Nov 24, 2011

I take 5-HTP along with tryptophan, valerian and theanine with GABA for an excellent night's sleep.

Great for helping me fall asleep

Posted by Reviewer1645968 on Nov 11, 2012

I'm trying many supplements to help me sleep; so far L-tryptophan the most helpful for me; I use it with melatonin.

L-Tryptophan

Posted by wendybrown on Feb 14, 2012

This is really good stuff especially if you're having a hard time falling asleep.

Very good!

Posted by Reviewer1524137 on Mar 07, 2012

This supliment is very good! I can get comfortable sleep when I take this supplement before sleeping.

Energize!

Posted by Reviewer2458871 on May 25, 2012

Love that it is an all natural product. Just be sure to do compatibility checks with any meds or other supplements that you already take, as you can overdo and suffer with seratonin syndrome, a very frightening and possible fatal syndrome. Be, especially, wary if you are taking SSRI antidepressants.

Effective without side effects

Posted by 5473203115191728683 on Jun 09, 2016

Very calming, there are no unpleasant side effects. For now I am very happy although I use it only 3 weeks ...

L-tryptophan

Posted by 5095463777286283297 on Apr 08, 2016

Great product. Good results

Super

Posted by Reviewer1948093 on Apr 16, 2016

Once again

Just as good as prescription

Posted by MusettaRose on Jan 09, 2015

In the past I've had prescription to tryptophan, which was 3 to 4 times as expensive for me. This is just as good. I'm weaning off effexor, and I've been increasing my dose slowly with each reduction, with the help of naturalpath , to the point that I'm taking 4 tryptophan pills throughout the day, and I'm down to only 30% of my effexor pill, with absolutely no withdrawal effects!

helps to improve quality of sleep

Posted by LoseBodyFatBuildMuscle on Apr 22, 2013

Now at half the bottle. I experience a deeper state of sleep after taking 2 of these before bedtime. (I take more care not to take any caffeinelike products at late afternoons/evenings since I discovered this interrupts sleep many hours after coffee's.) Does not causes any suffiness as with sleeping prescriptions. Like the fast delivery and low prices with Iherb.