• Doctor's Best uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of Tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Customer Ratings

Great for helping me fall asleep

Posted by Reviewer1645968 on Nov 11, 2012

I'm trying many supplements to help me sleep; so far L-tryptophan the most helpful for me; I use it with melatonin.

Just as good as prescription

Posted by MusettaRose on Jan 09, 2015

In the past I've had prescription to tryptophan, which was 3 to 4 times as expensive for me. This is just as good. I'm weaning off effexor, and I've been increasing my dose slowly with each reduction, with the help of naturalpath , to the point that I'm taking 4 tryptophan pills throughout the day, and I'm down to only 30% of my effexor pill, with absolutely no withdrawal effects!

Works wonderful for good nights sleep

Posted by Reviewer2943679 on Jun 25, 2009

I really like this product much better than melatonen. Don't wake up with the drugged feeling.

Trip to .....

Posted by Reviewer1311289 on Apr 10, 2011

This product is an excellent sleep aid. I would recommend to my friends and family.

really helped me sleep ,brilliant.

Posted by Reviewer1296493 on Apr 20, 2011

Great for a good nights sleep ,and the service from IHERB is fantastic ,great product.

great product

Posted by Reviewer1151037 on Jun 08, 2011

It!s very effective and well tolerated.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2377988 on Jul 10, 2011

Wonderful Product, makes me feel great

Good for Depression

Posted by Reviewer1134057 on Jul 31, 2011

I am taking these at night. I needed a prescription to import them into NZ, but they have been great. A bonus in they help maintain good sleep. I am now almost weaned off SSRI, which have many side-effects and must be slowly weaned off from.

Big help with stress!

Posted by HCGCoach on Aug 12, 2011

Many years this wasn't even available, and this price and dosage is great. I love this brand and how it is in veggie caps with no icky exipients!

better night's sleep

Posted by healthy-in-a-toxic-world on Aug 22, 2011

Bought these for my 66 year old father who had been suffering from interrupted sleep for years (frequently waking up at 4am and remaining awake until 6am). by the 2nd night of taking 2 capsules before bed he reported a 'noticeably deeper sleep'. 2 weeks on and my dad is still taking them and still enjoying a deeper quality of sleep, feeling more rested in the mornings.