• Doctor's Best uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of Tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Reviews | English

better night's sleep

Posted by healthy-in-a-toxic-world on Aug 22, 2011

Bought these for my 66 year old father who had been suffering from interrupted sleep for years (frequently waking up at 4am and remaining awake until 6am). by the 2nd night of taking 2 capsules before bed he reported a 'noticeably deeper sleep'. 2 weeks on and my dad is still taking them and still enjoying a deeper quality of sleep, feeling more rested in the mornings.

Helps with simple sleep

Posted by Reviewer1087550 on Oct 01, 2009

Works well for nighttime drowziness & getting off to sleep.

It works!

Posted by Reviewer2831720 on Nov 20, 2009

One pill taken about 30 minutes before bed on an empty stomach really does seem to help with sleep. I also use quick-dissolving sublingual melatonin (by Natural Factors) at the time I get into bed. A good combo!

good stuff

Posted by Reviewer2398086 on Nov 26, 2009

Helps me sleep, good price.

Very good

Posted by Reviewer2490036 on Dec 01, 2009

I love this product for helping with sleep. It's very gentle, no side-effects but helps me fall asleep within an hour of taking it.

restful sleep

Posted by Reviewer2963287 on Aug 11, 2009

taken at night helps to bring the sandman

Great Stuff! Partial to Doctor's Best!

Posted by Reviewer2473062 on May 05, 2010

I have only been taking this supplement for about three weeks. This stuff is great! I could tell a difference after only three days. It helps me sleep much better and soundly. Also, I seem to have additional energy during the day. Thanks to Iherb for offering such a good product and great customer service.

Helps SOOO Much!

Posted by Reviewer1346887 on May 14, 2010

I love Doctor's Best L-tryptophan in 500 mg. I only have to take one pill a night and what a world of difference it makes! If you have a stressful job and/or have trouble sleeping soundly, I recommend this product. My husband has both, a stressful job and trouble sleeping. If he forgets to take his 5-htp, he can really tell. He was never able to sleep through the night, and he always came home from work stressed and irritable. Now, he sleeps soundly and seems much less affected by his stressful day. I just keep it by my bedside and take one before dozing off (since it doesn't need to be taken w/food.)

doctors best is best

Posted by Reviewer2573043 on May 20, 2010

excellent product best L Tryptophan I have taken really works for me thanks herb

Quality L-tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer1908266 on Jun 18, 2010

I tried this after reading some reviews suggesting that for those people this version of tryptophan worked a little better. I think for me, which version to use is a wash. I can't tell the difference. But I remain impressed by the quality of Doctor's Best supplements.