Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Doctor's Best, Best MSM Powder, 8.8 oz (250 g)

Great MSM powder!

Posted by Reviewer1827642 on Jun 29, 2010

I have really noticed a big difference in some of the pain I had in my jaw and knee. It is nearly gone in my jaw and much better in my knee. I mix it in my soy shake along with "C" powder and add a little splenda or stevia because it has a terrible taste by itself. The price is so much cheaper than using glucosamine pills and works a lot better. Thanks iherb for great service and prices :)

MSM Powder

Posted by Reviewer1051036 on Jul 05, 2008

Bitter, so mix it with juice. Disguises the taste.

not for certain types of people

Posted by philla on Dec 31, 2013

Brand is top notch IMO, supplement can be helpful if you tolerate and dosage appropriately. A lot of people will have severe detox reactions to this if sensitive to sulfur. Many people (i.e. CFS/ME sufferers) are inefficient at metabolizing sulfur compounds and the loose sulfur in this can end up as sulfates and sulfites. I tried a similar but swedish brand of MSM in '07, got hypothyroid and chilly for many weeks and months thereafter. Resolved when I upped the molybdenum and understood importance of methylation and transsulfuration in detoxing. For people having adverse reactions to this, it can be helpful to have in mind that the product is not stale or bad, but it might not suit your unique detox profile. If you include it in your regime, you may benefit from some extra vitamin C, Molybdenum and possibly a B - Complex (with high Thiamine, since sulfites deplete this vitamin)

quit taking it

Posted by Reviewer2441425 on Jun 01, 2011

I experienced the true "die off" after I took this. I don't know if this product is just not right for me, but I didn't know if was causing all the symptoms and I thought I was going to die.

wonderful stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1366336 on Mar 12, 2009

I put this in my dogs food every morning for their old age arthritis and it helps a lot. One side effect I've noticed since using this is, no fleas!!! Its the only thing I can see other than the glucosamine I also add to their food that could account for this. MSM is good for all kinds of inflammatory conditions.