Posted by 5725648148463345685 on Nov 30, 2014

Posted by Reviewer2010696 on Jul 08, 2012

good product

Doctor's Best, Red yeastRice w/ COQ10

Posted by Reviewer2175557 on Mar 08, 2011

My Dr had me on Statin drugs but after reading of a successful UCLA study on the Red Yeast Rice, I dropped the statins--against my Dr's advice. After 6 months a new test showed showed quite good results, right up there with the statin drugs he prescribed. That was two years ago & I still take the Dr's best as it WORKS for me!! No more statin drugs!!

Easy to swallow, lowers LDL cholesterol

Posted by Reviewer2177874 on Nov 26, 2010

I was a bit worried when I ordered this because my other brand 600mg capsules were already pretty big, and I was afraid that double the red yeast rice plus CoQ10 would make this a horse pill. However, I was pleasantly surprised - the pill is not much bigger than my vitamin and is coated so easy to swallow. After taking 2400 mg daily of red yeast rice daily (and watching my diet) for six months, I lowered my cholesterol about 40 pts. Not concrete proof in itself, but consisent with research.

Help To Reduce Cholesterol

Posted by 5677199861420431063 on Apr 17, 2015

I have been using this product for over a year, generally one tablet a day and it has helped reduce my cholesterol. It did not bring it down to the low numbers that statins can, but I do not have any of the terrible side effects that I had when I took a statin (tried a variety of statins). I am pleased with the results and will continue to use this product.

Good

Posted by 5260751555072343544 on Aug 28, 2015

Happy with product.

very effective

Posted by wicked72 on Mar 23, 2015

very effective

Discontinued Because it is Effective!

Posted by 5063354700627181244 on May 23, 2015

Not sure what I am going to do after 2017 when my current bottles of this Red Yeast Rice expire. The smaller containers expire before then. This works wonderfully well and now I have a 1% risk of having a cardiac event in the next 10 yrs. I even did a one person study by taking it every other day for 3 months and having my labs drawn. My total cholesterol and LDL went up 30 points. And back down again when I went back on it daily. No side effects at all. I am so irritated with the FDA that allows for drug companies to rule them market by allowing only prescription meds. No money to test supplements. How convenient for them. Patients suffer when they take ONE element from a compound like Red Yeast Rice and make it into a medication. I hope Consumerlabs keeps testing Red Yeast Rice supplements so I can make an informed decision when this is no longer available.

A product that really works !

Posted by Reviewer1010938 on Feb 16, 2011

I've been using this product for over a year now when my total cholesterol was 260. My last blood test indicated a drop of 68 points to 192. I use two tablets before going to bed since cholesterol is produced while you sleep. Unlike some red yeast rice products, Doctor's Best does not leave me with an upset stomach. I like that it also contains CQ10 which is important in the use of any statin or statin like supplement. This product, together with a healthy diet and exercise really works. AJL New York

Great alternative to statins

Posted by 5598399106105531991 on Dec 07, 2014

Very effective. The pills are a bit big, but you get used to it. The important thing is that it does the job. It works. :)