Improved lipid profile

Posted by Reviewer1615590 on Oct 13, 2007

After my annual medical on 3/1/07, I decided that I needed to improve my lipid profile. My strategy was to take 500 mg niacin and one capsule of red yeast rice. My blood was tested again on 9/5/07. Total cholesterol dropped from 248 to 217. LDL went from 166 to 130 HDL increased from 48 to 76!!! My LDL:HDL ratio decreased from 3.46 to 1.81 (by almost a half!) Unexpectedly, my triglycerides fell from 171 to 76!

Excellent

Posted by alvinlky on Sep 17, 2013

Excellent Product

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer1030541 on Apr 13, 2008

On a blind test where my husband didn't know he was taking it, his cholesterol level was lowered for the first time in several years from about 210 to 186 (in only 1 1/2 months of taking the red yeast rice). I'd say it works!

Seems to work

Posted by Reviewer3348418 on Aug 18, 2009

Beginning 1/1/09, I started taking this twice daily with a seperate 50mg CoQ10 each dose after a 12/13/08 blood test showed my cholesterol was 253 (44-HDL, 175-LDL, 172 Triglycerides). Last blood test 7/17/09: cholesterol 224 (60-HDL, 135-LDL, 144 triglycerides). To give this product a completely fair test, I changed nothing else in my diet or lifestyle. I am 5/11, 215#. I drink alcohol daily and get some, but not consistent, exercise. I would expect better results with changes to diet and lifestyle, which I plan to do. Since I waited 6 months to get blood test results, I cannot say how quickly the product acutally worked - It may have had a shorter period impact and for some, it probably does. Some have commented that taking the product version that included CoQ10 gave better results, but I decided to take the CoQ10 separately because it is cheaper than buying the product with it already incorporated. Based on the results of my trial, I would say with confidence that the product does indeed work, with results varying by individual.

it works

Posted by Reviewer1907961 on Jun 19, 2008

This stuff significantly lowered my HDL. I use the 600 size b/c the studies on red yeast have been based on 600, 2x per day.But actually I take one before bed, and one when I wake up in the night because Michael Murphy,ND said that it's better to take it at night because that's when your body manufactures the HDL, LDL, etc. lipids.

Dr Best Red Yeast Rice

Posted by Reviewer1730788 on Feb 28, 2008

I take 2 per day (am & pm) and my blood lipid profile has fallen into the normal range. My doctor is amazed!! I have been on this product for several years. Who needs Lipitor...I don't!

The supplement so good the FDA wanted to take it away

Posted by Reviewer1829477 on Apr 02, 2014

Its true, look it up! They found out that it was a natural Statin and were afraid of it cutting into their over-priced pharmaceutical sales. I would rather stick to nature myself. You need to be careful with it, because yes, it is truly a natural drug. Honestly, if you read up on new studies about Cholesterol, it can be just as bad to have it be too low as too high. So use caution, use your brain. This is the real deal, don't pop it like candy.

Reduced Cholesterol Numbers

Posted by Reviewer1425014 on Mar 26, 2007

Since using this product plus Omega 3s, my cholesterol is down about 50pts. And I've tried many other products that did not get these results. Thanks!

WARREN

Posted by Reviewer1013809 on Oct 25, 2007

HELPED TO BRING DOWN MY CHOLESTROL TO 156 FROM 225, GOOD CHINESE PRODUCT

lower cholesterol

Posted by Reviewer2911548 on Jan 25, 2007

Great product- Has helped many of my patients who cannot (or don't want to) take statin or other RX meds.