Huge gas producer

Posted by Reviewer1479901 on May 31, 2008

I am another person who found this particular product to be unusable due to truly excessive gas production, at even 1 capsule per day.

Good product. Does the job!

Posted by Reviewer1014892 on Nov 10, 2007

Cholesterol levels have been reduced. Will continue to order.

Excellent Product - Best Red Yeast Rice

Posted by Reviewer2688312 on Jan 05, 2009

Taking 2 capsules/daily (one before breakfast and one before supper), this product lowered my overall cholesterol 45 points while increasing my good cholesterol (HDL) within six weeks with no dietary changes made by me. I've increased my dosage to 3 capsules/daily and will have my cholesterol checked again in a month (3 months from my last cholesterol test). My doctor anticipates my cholesterol will be even lower than before. Excellent product!

by by cholesterol !!

Posted by Reviewer2316335 on Feb 10, 2009

4-Jul-2008: total Chol: 252, LDL: 168, Trig: 168, HDL: 50 8-Feb-2009 total Chol: 214, LDL: 125, Trig: 149, HDL: 59 This is really amazing. I am taking this supplement for just 3 weeks. My doctor asked me to repeat cholesterol test, she couldn't believe it.

Cholesterol Lowered

Posted by Reviewer3193437 on Feb 22, 2010

I lowered my cholesterol from 220 to 156 is 2 months. My doctor said that Red Yeast Rice acts as a crude statin. I take this with Fish Oil. My HDL's also lowered but are still fairly high. I'll continue to take this product.

cholesterol down 40%

Posted by Reviewer3346279 on Apr 14, 2010

My total cholesterol has slowly gone up over many years. I have lost weight and changed my diet. My Dr asked me to take red yeast rice, because there is a natural statin in the yeast. After 3 months, my total cholesterol went down 40%. The LDL, bad cholesterol went down 47%. The HDL good cholesterol also went down but only 15% and it is in the good range. I would say that this works as good or better than a prescription statin. Since this costs me $5.70 a month, it is about the same as a generic statin.

No need for prescription pills

Posted by Reviewer1192669 on Jan 03, 2011

Controls my cholesterol to my doctors satiafaction

NO STATINS

Posted by Reviewer2732863 on Apr 23, 2011

THIS STUFF WORKS AND YOU WON'T RUIN YOUR LIVER AND GIVE YOURSELF SEVERE MUSCLE CRAMPS;THAT'S WHAT THE STATINS DO.NO CATARACTS EITHER.NO PRESCRIPTION NEEDED!

Helped lower my cholesterol numbers!

Posted by Reviewer2831958 on Oct 29, 2007

My doctor commented on how this helped lower my cholesterol--without statin drugs!

Packing Quality

Posted by Reviewer2902025 on Apr 07, 2011

This is the second batch of Red Rice Yeast purchased from IHerb made by Doctors Best. In the first Order one of the bottles contained app. 8 broken capsules. Unpleasant but not a drama. Whether the damage occurred during transit or just careless by the QC dept. at Doctor's Best is impossible to tell. The second order is fine. As to the efficacy of the Red Yeast; all I can say is it seems to reduce LDL and HDL to acceptable levels with out the side effects associated with the statens.