Helped fill in receding hairline.

Posted by Reviewer2378529 on Oct 10, 2011

Last year I noticed my hairline receding at a rapid rate. After doing some research, I decided to try this Saw Palmetto extract as an androgen blocker. Within 3 months of taking it daily, my hairline began to fill back in. The hair grew in finer than it had before, but grew back nonetheless. After running out of this standardized extract, I tried the saw palmetto berries. Much of the hair I had grown fell out again while taking it in that form. I went back to this and hair has regrown. It should be noted that I am a healthy 34 year old female who addressed the problem within a year of noticing it. Not sure if it is as effective on aging men who have had a receding hairline for some time.

Very good

Posted by Reviewer3103562 on Dec 21, 2008

I started using this product a couple weeks ago as a DHT blocker for my hair and so far so good. My hair isn't falling out that much in the shower and the thinning spots seem to be getting a bit thicker. Also the flow of my urine is very strong since taking this. A great herb for many different things.

Good product - fairly priced

Posted by Reviewer2685660 on Jun 26, 2009

Like many men well past 40, I experienced prostitus. A Nurse Practitioner suggested saw palmetto and lycopene. There are scores of saw palmetto products to choose from. Initially, I selected Dr's Best simply because it was listed as a TOP seller. I figured that if other men bought it often, it must be at least OK or better. That was four years ago. I take this twice per day and have zero prostate problems. THANK YOU!! - Paul

For PCOS

Posted by Zihuana on Jul 28, 2010

I read here about using Saw Palmetto for pcos (I´m very very grateful for that!!). I've been taking these now for two weeks and it seems to start working for me, although I'm treated with acupuncture as well. But definitely will continue and see how it goes. My biggest problems are hirsutism and acne, also a little bit hair thinning.

Really Helps With Nighttime Urination

Posted by 5118884589648669134 on Jan 15, 2014

I am a 49 year old male, and in the past year or so I have been getting up three to four times a night to urinate. It was driving me crazy, so I did some research on treatments for an enlarged prostate and found out that Saw Palmetto works for most men, and better than prescription medication. This stuff works! Within 3 weeks, I was down to 1 trip to the bathroom a night on most nights, and on a few nights I didn't have to go at all. Very happy.

Saw Palmetto

Posted by Reviewer1258388 on May 08, 2009

Very good product. Taking for hair loss (DHT). Results have been very noticable.

Saw Palmetto for hormonal deseases

Posted by Ophelia on Oct 14, 2013

This product is worth a try for women that suffer from acne, ovarian deseases, and other health problems caused by hormonal disfunctions. The liquid form in softgels has a better bioavailability. It will definitely improve your symptoms, but I would recommend to combine this treatment with Glucofit Softgels and Colloidal Chromium for better results to regulate your blood sugar levels (and decrease your sugar absorbtion) which is very significant in hormonal cases. I also advice Yoga & relaxation that may help establish natural hormonal balance in your body (from my personal experience).

For men and women

Posted by Reviewer2778628 on Jul 02, 2008

I have used for prostate reduction. Works well My daughter has a facial hair problem. It seems to help that as well.

Doctor's Best, Best Saw Palmetto Extract

Posted by Reviewer2100867 on May 24, 2008

As good as any other Saw Palmetto product out there, but at a cheaper price!

Not a full spectrum, supercritical (CO2) extract product

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Feb 01, 2010

This is not a full spectrum, supercritical (CO2) extract product. The supercritical CO2 process yields higher concentrations of biologically active free fatty acids than non-CO2 extracts.