Doctor's Best, Best Saw Palmetto, Standardized Extract, 320 mg, 60 Softgels

Helped fill in receding hairline.

Posted by Reviewer2378529 on Oct 10, 2011

Last year I noticed my hairline receding at a rapid rate. After doing some research, I decided to try this Saw Palmetto extract as an androgen blocker. Within 3 months of taking it daily, my hairline began to fill back in. The hair grew in finer than it had before, but grew back nonetheless. After running out of this standardized extract, I tried the saw palmetto berries. Much of the hair I had grown fell out again while taking it in that form. I went back to this and hair has regrown. It should be noted that I am a healthy 34 year old female who addressed the problem within a year of noticing it. Not sure if it is as effective on aging men who have had a receding hairline for some time.

Two weeks - already working!

Posted by Jessica87 on Jan 31, 2015

I'm a young female with hormonal issues and I'm not one for prescription drugs. I read about Saw Palmetto online a few months back and decided to try it out for facial hair and to block DHT and maybe regulate my hormones some. I've only been on it for two weeks, but I can already see some great things happening, facial hair is reducing, the hair on my head feels stronger and it feels like it's growing faster, my hormones feel more in sync, pores are getting smaller, breasts feel fuller (they feel more heavy like when you're on your period) and I actually feel like my face is getting a more soft, feminine look (I've been feeling like my face gets more and more male looking, prob bc my hormones is all out of wack and it's been bringing me down, now it feels like it's reversing because of Saw Palmetto! Yay! Gonna order some more after I run out, this stuff is amazing for women too!

Not a full spectrum, supercritical (CO2) extract product

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Feb 01, 2010

This is not a full spectrum, supercritical (CO2) extract product. The supercritical CO2 process yields higher concentrations of biologically active free fatty acids than non-CO2 extracts.

Great Value

Posted by Reviewer3334066 on Oct 18, 2007

Great price for a high quality product. One softgel provides the recommended amount of saw palmetto (and active sterols) to maintain a healthy prostate.

Saw Palmetto helps enlarged prostate

Posted by Reviewer1376385 on Jul 28, 2009

For the last several years I have had a problem with an enlarged prostate. It became inflamed several times a year requiring me to take cipro for two to four weeks. My doctor finally prescribed naspan for prostate. I had a reaction to it and discontinued using it. I had read about Saw Palmetto and decided to try it. I have been using it for about 3 months and found it has helped. I am taking 3 to 4 softgels a day. I usuallly take 3, however, when I feel like it is starting to become inflamed I take 4. So far I have not had any inflamation or on going discomfort.