Saw Palmetto helps enlarged prostate

Posted by Reviewer1376385 on Jul 28, 2009

For the last several years I have had a problem with an enlarged prostate. It became inflamed several times a year requiring me to take cipro for two to four weeks. My doctor finally prescribed naspan for prostate. I had a reaction to it and discontinued using it. I had read about Saw Palmetto and decided to try it. I have been using it for about 3 months and found it has helped. I am taking 3 to 4 softgels a day. I usuallly take 3, however, when I feel like it is starting to become inflamed I take 4. So far I have not had any inflamation or on going discomfort.

Great Value

Posted by Reviewer3334066 on Oct 18, 2007

Great price for a high quality product. One softgel provides the recommended amount of saw palmetto (and active sterols) to maintain a healthy prostate.

DHT blocking

Posted by Reviewer2023662 on Oct 17, 2011

This does a competent job of blocking DHT and is one of the best saw palmetto extracts out there. But for women with PCOS, don't believe the reviews that say it performs miracles....it's just one of the components that is beneficial.

No major improvement

Posted by juniper on Jun 28, 2012

I did not notice any substantial improvement for my prostate and according to recent studies, there were no difference between Saw Palmetto and a Placebo. I'm currently using Swedish Flower Pollen and have experienced better results.

good strength, effective

Posted by 5528018204925581758 on Jul 30, 2013

taking saw palmetto for female hormonal issues - high androgen levels, stress induced pcos symptoms. Saw results quickly in terms of regulating menstrual cycle and pain around ovulation now non-existant. Prefer this brand to Now Saw Palmetto. I only need one a day, whereas Now brand I needed 2 per day for same results, even though both 320mg... Will buy again!