Doctor's Best, Best Serrapeptase, 90 Veggie Caps

Doubtful Quality

Posted by Reviewer1200539 From Singapore on Apr 11, 2008

I used to take "DANZEN" brand of serrapeptase to treat inflammation whenever I have a gout attack. Whenever, the pain arises, I need to take a dosage of 30,000 i.u for 2-3 times and the pain/inflammation gone. I switch to Doctor Best as it is much cheaper. Recently, I have another gout attack. After taking 80,000 i.u per day for 5 consecutive days, the pain/inflammation is still there. Hence, I have doubt whether each veggie cap really contain 40,000 i.u. I will be switching back to the brand "DANZEN" when I finished the whole bottle.

A great product at a great price

Posted by Reviewer2642086 From Massachusetts on Jan 12, 2008

This product is enteric coated. This is a really tough coating to keep the product from dissolving in the stomach. This is important because enzymes are destroyed by stomach acids. I have been using serrapeptase for over a year. It has helped to remove some abnormal tissue. There are no adverse side affects from this product.

Stress is down

Posted by Chunkypeaches From Florida on Dec 03, 2008

I purchased Doctor's Best Serrapeptase in conjunction with Biochem circupressure. My symptoms were a combination of stage 1 high blood pressure and SEVERE TMJ headaches. I believe this specific product is the main factor in reduction of my tension and stess, while circu-pressure directly reduced the pressure. After about two days of using both products faithfully, I documented a slight drop in my diastolic blood pressure, and started to feel slightly better. After one week, my pressure dropped 10 points on the bottom and about five on the top. Since then, it has consistently gotten better, and my headaches have diminished to null. I thank GOD I had the brain to do proper research. Most of all, I thank the wonderful people who took the time to write their personal reviews, and I thank iherb.com for their magnificent service, pricing and products. Just this week, I experienced what it felt like to be normal again, and life was good. In this dreadful, stressful economy, my stress will never go away. Dealing with it, however, is paramount and CAN be done. If you are feeling like I did, ready to practically croak in my late 40's from the pain and pounding in my head and stess on my soul, please consider these supplements. Noises do not have to get on your nerves, and you CAN focus properly and function in all the hubub of stores, traffic, etc., without blowing a fuse. More importantly, high blood pressure is detrimental to your health. Diet and exercise are great, so is magnesium and garlic. But, if you want to avoid those miserable prescriptions with deadly side effects, these are the products for you.

Took it just because of the amazing reviews. What do you know it works!

Posted by Reviewer1470952 From New York on Jul 15, 2008

Just had to try it even though I had no major health concerns. My healed injuries felt a little sore at 1st but my mobility increased. I guess scare tissue can limit range of motion even when there is no pain. I had a slight tightness in my chest with mucus production for years and that is all gone alongside nasal congestion.My occasional allergies when indoors are no more and a wart that I developed is slowly breaking a part to reveal healthier tissue. I take it with ginger tea to reduce stomach upset. I will definitely order routinely and recommend it to my friends I like.

Off Valium & painkillers thanks to this supplement

Posted by sarahjean From Australia on Mar 01, 2011

My friend has been using this to treat nerve damage from psychiatric drug abuse (drugs he was involuntarily treated with). He was on valium and anti-inflammatory painkillers and even became hospitalised due the pain levels - along with severe rigidity and unable to move his leg to sleep at night. He started serrapeptase and was able to get off valium and painkillers within a few days, and now relies on this alone to deal with the attacks of pain. He's been gradually increasing his dosage and the frequency so the pain attacks are slowly decreasing - seems like he needs to find the therapeutic dose. We'll make sure he doesn't run out of this wonderful supplement. If only health professionals took these things seriously instead of prescribing toxic medications. I've repeated this review for the 270 veggie caps version of this product - I think it's important to share the info!